Week by week

Week by week

Sunday, December 1, 2019

Week ending 12-1-19

We had a wonderful Thanksgiving week!
Last Sunday: The little kids did their dolls' primary program--the real thing not just a practice. :) They invited our good friend's, the Nelsons to come over and watch and Mama was there too. 
Tilly's pink haired doll doing her part. Kaitlyn wrote the program and it turned out fantastic. I was impressed with all the scriptures and talks they recited that went with the songs. It flowed remarkably. 
The Nelsons who came to watch. 
The gift basket Kristin Nelson gave us full of fun Sunday activities. She's so generous!! 
After church we went to Brady and Tami's and had scones/navajo tacos. 
I love hanging out at Brady's and I'm really going to miss them when they move to Iowa in January. 
 
Talea (2) and Paige (5) coloring together. 

Spencer's nightly nachos joined by Andy tonight.
I used to not be a fan of nachos because they're not that healthy (unless you do wholesome chips and raw cheese) and he always leaves a trail of grated cheese, but since it's his nightly habit I've come to love it. Somehow it's comforting when he comes home late at night from a friend's house and gets his nachos and tells me about his day. I'll miss it when he graduates but at least that's not for 18 months. 

Makenna doing one of the new activities. 
I took these and sent them to Kristin to thank her for the basket. Everyone loved it. 

Monday: Kailtyn going on my daily walk with me. We enjoyed the softly falling snow and how quiet and peaceful our neighborhood was with little birds crowding bird feeders.   
Alexis put on her costumes after her last play so that I could take pictures since she had to give them back. This was for the finale. 

This was for "We're in the Money." 

Tuesday: My mom took me and Kristin out to Jamba Juice to thank her for all she's done for my family. 
Watching the tree trimmers cut down a whole tree and lift it away with a crane in our neighbor's back yard. So sad and I really wish we could live in a place with more native trees. 


We pulled up to McDonalds where we met Madalyn coming home from Rexburg and the kids ran over to her getting out of her ride's car. 

I'm so glad my children all love each other so much. 
Wednesday: Every morning I ride my exercise bike and read and the little kids join me. I love seeing them all so happily reading on a cold morning. 
I gave Makenna a haircut as well as the 4 boys. 

Kylie came home after lunch and while making dinner everyone got the "We're so excited for Thanksgiving!" hypers and just being excited that Kylie and Maddie were here. 



My 6 beautiful daughters!! I am beyond blessed! 
I love having all 10 kids home for dinner and sitting around our tiny table. 
I guess Thomas missed the picture, oops. 
Kristin brought us over 5 boxes of food from a co-op with fruits and veggies in it. What a blessing! 
Aunt Lori reading with Sam and Tilly. She came Wednesday night at 5 and stayed till Sunday. We loved having her here!
Thursday: I guess someone had my phone and took a picture of the hairdo they did in my hair. Probably Kait or Kenna. 
Andy and Sam going out to play in the snow.  
Alexis pulled her potatoes out of the microwave and made Kylie hear how they're singing. Haha! I love how much fun they have. 

Hanging out while we make Thanksgiving dinner.  

Almost ready! 

Feast is on! 

Mama and Kylie making the gravy. My mom broke her hand falling on a neighbor's steps while carrying a glass bowl of salad. The power was out so that's why she couldn't see very well and tripped. She was a trooper though and was still really helpful and I would forget she had a broken hand since she still put jammie's on Tilly, washed dishes, brought in groceries, etc. 
We have so much to be grateful for and it was a really happy Thanksgiving for me. I've had a lot of rotten ones in the past 6 years since Nathan quit his NC job and I stopped liking Thanksgiving actually. But this year with my mom and Lori here and Nathan going to his aunt's house, it was great. I was so grateful for a relaxing Thanksgiving with all of my children here plus my mom and sister. Next year Kylie will be on her mission and then the next year Madalyn will be so who knows when we'll all have Thanksgiving together again. Such a sad thought but it made me appreciate even more the holidays this year. Kids are growing up too fast! 

Some day we'll get a bigger table but we make it work. :) 13 people trying to squeeze around a table for 6. 

Samuel ended up eating by himself at the bar and Tilly ate by herself at the little picnic table.

Kylie gave us a presentation about her mind, body, health class she had to do for homework. She did a great job and it was really interesting. I love that kind of stuff. 


Selfies. I think Kait was taking all these pictures.  
Pie and cake and brownie cheesecake afterward. 

Then we got out Christmas decorations and it was the highlight of the day for me. All 10 children participated and had a good time. I just watched them and savored the moment. 

 

Then these 6 started singing, "Feliz Snobby Duck" which is what the kids used to sing for "Feliz Navidad." We have videos of them prancing around the house like this back in 2010 when we had 5 kids. Before I knew it all 10 joined in and carried on for quite some time. I wish I could get the video to upload here but if not I'll post on facebook. 
 

The youngest one has to say, "Snobby Duck!!" and they all turn around and start prancing being led by the oldest. Then the oldest says, "Snobby Duck!" and they turn around and are led by the youngest. So here they're turning around. 
 
Going around and around in the the downstairs kitchen area. 

Then they went into the bathroom and took selfies. Having 10 children is the best! 

After the decorations were up we invited Spencer's girlfriend over and watched Home Alone. 

Friday: Bringing Mama breakfast in bed for her birthday! 
The little boys made roads in the snow in the cul-de-sac. I stood at my bedroom window and watched. 

They played in the snow quite a bit and we ended up with 4.5." 

Makenna and Aunt Lori making snowball cookies for Mama's birthday. 

We put out the leftover cake, cheesecake and pies along with cookies for the little kids. So that's why she only has candles on half of a cake. 

Lori's friend, Jaclyn came over with her family. 





Talea cuddling with Aunt Lori. 
I love looking out the kitchen window and seeing the snow in the dark but how light it makes our yard.
Saturday: Leaving with Kylie to go to through the temple for the first time. She was so beautiful, the pictures don't do her justice. I couldn't believe this moment was here. 
About to go in.  
Coming out. 

Kylie with her aunts and uncle.  


Mama combing Tilly's hair after her bath. 
Today: I sat in the pew with my children this morning and realized a couple little kids were missing. I looked up and saw Samuel and Anderson hanging out with Kylie playing prelude music on the organ. I sent Alexis up to get them and snap a quick photo while nobody was looking. I know you're not supposed to take pictures in the chapel but I wanted to remember the sweet memory. Kylie is gorgeous playing the organ and is so tender with the little boys. 

Some of my little nursery class having a reading party. 

After church Brady and Tami stopped by to eat dinner with us and pick up Mama to take her to their house. Mama gave Baby Caleb his birthday present. 

No comments: