Week by week

Week by week

Sunday, December 22, 2019

Week ending 12-22-19

It's the week before Christmas!!
Last Sunday night: We went to a childhood friend's house for "Carols at the Spinet." Lots of great company, tasty treats, and a loving, homey atmosphere. 

Monday: I went Christmas shopping and came home to find all the kids (Thomas was babysitting so "kids" = Thomas and under) playing Telestrations. I love seeing them all happily playing a game together. 

We quickly made some deviled eggs and jumped over the wall and walked to a play group Christmas luncheon at the Nelson's house. It made my heart happy to watch the kids run down the street to their friend's house. 
Kaitlyn got to hold the RS president's baby almost the whole time (except when I got to hold her. :)) 

Samuel playing with Talea and her friends, Amelia and Ruth. 
I made 185 tiny spritz cookies and we bagged them up to take to neighbors and ward members. 
I loved watching from the car as the kids ran and skipped up steps to each of our dear friend's houses.
Such a sweet night. We are very blessed to live in our ward and neighborhood. We picked out our house online from NC as the only rental that would allow more than 2 kids per bedroom and was available the day we needed it to be and it has been such a blessing. We've loved the house, yard, neighbors, ward, and schools. 


Tuesday: I had a lot of fun making Sam and Andy a gas pump handle out of foam board. 
Don't ask me why they wanted one, but they did. :) Then they colored it and sent pictures to Madalyn and Aunt Lori.


Wednesday: Alexis lined up with all of the choirs at the high school, ready for her concert.  
Performing her solo! 
She's in the alto/soprano choir. I like it because it's nice and small. The other choirs are big. 
Talea was being so cute dancing and swinging on the seats during the performance. 
I took Spencer, Thomas, Kaitlyn and Talea, which was really relaxing for me.  


Thursday: We babysat a couple of little boys and Andy was so cute trying to hold this chunk. Andy was a chunk himself at that age so they connected. :) At least chubby babies are happy babies. :) This big guy is super easy. 

To kill time while waiting for Kylie to bring Madalyn home I took the 3 little kids to the park but instead of playing on the playground they rolled down the hill.  


Saturday: Kylie took Kait and Kenna to Idaho to pick up Madalyn on Friday and they all came home Saturday night. I loved seeing how long Spencer and Madalyn hugged. It's only been a month since Madalyn has been home but all of my children adore and miss each other, which is the best gift I could ever ask for. 
Today: Hanging out making dinner after church. I could sit all day and watch my 3 older girls interact--laughing and talking and bonding. I didn't get great pictures, but the memory will be there. 

Last time any of my girls will wear this cute Christmas dress. I didn't like it much when I first got it years ago at a thrift store but the girls have loved it and now it holds many memories.  
Telling me the names of all the apostles. I also made a video of it to put on facebook. 
Waiting for Spencer to take a Christmas photo. It's the last year I'll have all 10 of my children home for Christmas in who knows how many years. I'll be taking lots of pictures and savoring every moment with them.


Going outside for another shot. The kids gathered around this big snowball they made at Thanksgiving, acting like it was a bonfire.  
I was trying to get a shot of Talea kissing Madalyn while we waited for the rest of the boys to come over. 
Spencer trying to get away with facing backward before Kylie swung him around. 

Spencer acting like it was too cold to have a shoot outside even though it was 50.4 degrees. (But it was windy and felt colder than that, I'll give him credit for feeling cold.)  

 
Talea was so cute pulling on Kylie's dress and not letting her walk by. She adores her older sisters and we're so glad they're home from college. 

The older kids adore her too and were bent over taking pictures of her doing silly faces while lying on the floor. She can really ham it up!

No comments: