Week by week

Week by week

Sunday, January 26, 2020

Week ending 1-26-20

We had a normal week. We got a lot of school done, played with neighbors, and read a lot. The weather has been in the 40's, which is nice for January. 
Last Sunday: Talea found a tablet we checked out from the library, got herself comfortable and was playing it in her room when I found her. I'm not a fan of electronics in general (glad they were due back in a week) and definitely on Sunday, but she was so cute I had to take a picture and let her play her ABC game while I finished my blog. :) 

Alexis and I made cookies to take to some new moms and friends. I took this to send to my brother and invite him over even though he lives in Iowa. I miss him.

Popcorn mishap. Somehow it got dropped on the way to the living room.
Monday: The 3 oldest went to a car show with Uncle Devon and the rest of the kids went to the Summers' next door to put on a play so I spent the morning playing Labyrinth with Sam and Andy. 

Can't remember why we took this picture. I think she was just cute making her own big sandwich and taking tiny bites out of it.
Madalyn, Spencer, and Alexis came home from the car show with these t-shirts folded into guitar shapes with a guitar paper on top. These 3 confiscated them and have been playing with them all week. 
Talea uses hers as a violin and is quite often found in a corner with her violin and a pencil as a bow, singing "Twinkle Twinkle." 
Tuesday: Nathan had the morning off so Andy and Tilly went down to play with him. They were so cute walking out of the house and down the street to where he is staying 3 houses down. 


While Andy and Tilly were gone we got a lot of school done quickly and then took a break. These 3 picked up the guitars and put on a concert with their dolls. 
Reading with Anderson.
I love winter nights!
We get our jammies on early and have a lot of reading time. Talea goes to bed at 7 and then I try to read with Sam or Andy and then read a chapter book with Kait and Kenna.
I love winter nights! 


I was making yogurt and had left it in the oven for the 24 hours it takes but forgot. I turned on the oven to make granola bars and smelled something. Not good. The jar and lid were burned but luckily the yogurt was fine. 
Wednesday: Anderson drawing in his notebook during school. 


Talea wanted me and Alexis to draw every animal out of these little animal books I got at a yard sale when Kylie was a baby. 
Mattress sliding. 





Kylie called on google hangout but only had 4-5 minutes. We couldn't hear her because we could hear everyone in the background trying to talk to their families. She couldn't hear us either. But we all grinned and waved and it was good to see her for a few minutes. At least we got an excellent detailed email from her that was really fun to read. I can't wait to hear from her next week. 
View of the kids reading from their own scriptures as we do family scripture reading. 
Talea walking around with a violin. 

Thursday: Andy and Sam played airplane with headsets and went on missions. 
Talea is saying, "I'm going on a mission to Brazil!" 
Looking at a tiny insect for science. 

Good night hugs. 
Friday: Every time I play the piano Talea comes running and has to sit on my lap and put her hands on mine as I practice. 

Playing her "violin" and singing "Twinkle." 
While I was making dinner she asked me to take pictures of her.  

We had a birthday party for Todd (D. Todd Christofferson) and made him birthday cards like we do every year. He became Andy's favorite when he was 18 months old and now the whole family loves him. Last year we got to visit him in his office, which was really special.  
Saturday: Cleaning the church. 


Sunday: The boys came upstairs and announced, "We're twins!!"

No comments: