Week by week

Week by week

Sunday, April 12, 2020

Week ending 4-12-20

  It's been a good week. Tuesday afternoon we decided to drive to my mom's house for Easter since Lori is going too and we don't have any activities right now. Otherwise it's hard to find a week where everyone is free. We were nervous since we're not supposed to be traveling but after praying about it we decided to come. We drove straight to Mama's house in the woods where there are only 3 cases in the whole county. We're not going anywhere so I think we'll be safe, definitely safer than Utah.
Monday: Someone gave us this shirt in a bag of clothes so I took these to text her and thank her. 

Kaitlyn helping Samuel do an Easter lesson. 
Andy and Tilly laying against my leg during FHE. 
Playing "poor kitty." 
I walked in after tucking the little kids in and found a phone party. I know I take pictures of these memories a lot, but I want to capture the sweet feelings I feel watching my children hang out together, laughing and talking. They're growing up so fast. 
Tuesday: Doing an Easter egg hunt with the kids we babysit since the neighborhood one was cancelled. 




Push-up party!   
To celebrate our decision to drive to CA for Easter we had a push-up party. I love it when we're all excited for something together and there's such a good feeling in the home. 
Spencer packed this time while I cleaned the house. 
We're off!! 
Kylie drove the first 5 hours and I got to read a lot and play with the kids. Then Spencer drove a few hours and I drove the last 2 down the winding mountain roads.
Football tree! We always have to send this to family when we're on our way. 
A beautiful sunset outside of Reno (minus the bird poop on the window.) 

Ten deer in the yard! This is the view from my mom's deck. 

Bringing wood in. With so many helpers we had Mom's wood rack filled in 5 minutes. I loaded the kids up from the wood pile by the trampoline and Kylie took pictures.







Brushing leaves off the shed roof.

Beautiful apple tree blossoms. 
Spencer cutting off branches above the shed. 
We loved seeing this old truck come down this country road.  
Mom taught Talea "There was a little girl" poem.
This was the first time Mama taught it to her. Now she has it memorized.
We made grilled cheese on the fireplace and enjoyed a yummy lunch. So happy to be here! 
Reading party! I love seeing everyone randomly sitting around reading happily. 

Dinner at Mama's house. 
Popcorn and movie party. 
Friday: The view when I walk to the top of Mom's road. I love it here and dread going back to city living. 
Kaitlyn wanted a haircut. Here is her before picture. 

After 

Breaking our fast with delicious enchiladas. 

Playing up in the fort. This is Spencer's house/store. 
Spencer didn't come last May when I brought 8 kids so I'm glad he got to come and I love that he likes to play in the fort with all the kids. All 10 play in it. 


Kait in her store. 
Samuel 
Makenna 
Saturday: Spencer spent a few hours tuning Mama's piano. 
I walked downstairs from tucking Talea in to find everyone doing leg lifts. Family exercise party!! 

Easter bags laid out. 

About ready to go downstairs and look for candy. 
Coming out to look for candy. 






The little boys sharing their candy with Mama. 
Combing hair for church. 
We had a really nice Easter worship service. 
These four sang, "I Will Walk With Jesus." 
Easter bunny rolls for our Easter dinner. Everything turned out delicious and I forgot to take a picture of us all eating. It's been a great few days and I'm so glad to be here!

1 comment:

jhofmanns said...

I didn’t know Spencer could tune pianos? That’s awesome! Where did he learn that? We’ve often thought having mamas piano tuned would be a good Christmas gift to her. Good job Spenc! Maybe we’ll hire you do do ours next time you guys come up.