Week by week

Week by week

Sunday, April 5, 2020

Week ending 4-5-20

We had a pretty good week. Got school done, played outside a lot, and hung out with each other. There was one day in the 30's and one day in the 40's but the rest of the week was in the 50's and 60's for highs so that's been nice.
Last Sunday: I took this to show our friend who brought us these cute scrunchiis from her trip to Mexico. 
Kylie showed us all of her pictures from Brazil as well as drove us around on google maps. I tried to quickly snap a few pictures of her pictures. :) Here is her church building. 
This is her apartment. She and 3 sisters lived upstairs. It was made of tile. 

The small door by the "garage door" is the door to her apartment. You go in and up the stairs to her apt. The garage door is a store. The stores have garage doors which they open and leave up all day, which I think is kinda cool.
This is the internet cafe that she emailed us at. 
Monday: Taking Andy and Tilly for a bike ride. It's hard to get a picture when they ride so fast. 
Nathan's 43rd birthday. He worked on the treehouse and took a few kids to help his sister paint her new house, and then came home for pizza and angel food cake, his traditions. 


Wednesday: Painting with Remi who I was babysitting. 
I walked in to my room to brush my teeth and found my 3 lovely daughters practicing their instruments. I loved it!! Kylie on violin, Madalyn on flute, and Alexis on oboe. They were all practicing their own music but doing it together which made me happy. 
Sam and Andy helped me grind 75 lbs of wheat and 8 lbs of spelt.  
When I looked over at the kitchen from the living room during scripture reading the bag on the counter looked totally like an angel! 
Thursday: Playing a board game Thomas made. I should have taken a close up because the people were made with his 3D pen and the cards were really intricate. 
Andy made some chocolates in an Easter mold and surprised everyone with them. 
Everyone spontaneously ran outside and started jumping on the trampoline. I love watching everyone play together and I hate to break it up to put kids to bed. 
We gave some of our Easter chocolates to the lunch ladies at the middle school and wrote them this card.  
Friday we ate dinner at 3:45 and then Madalyn, Spencer and Alexis went to help Aunt Katie move. Thomas, Kaitlyn, and Makenna went to the neighbor's. I took Samuel, Anderson, and Talea on a walk to kill time until bedtime. The boys ran around and rode their bikes on the little paths. I played with Talea on the playground. We came home at 6 and read books until 7. It was really nice to have time with just the 3 of them. Kylie stayed busy prepping for conference foods.




She made up this little game in which she ran around the playground clapping her socks and singing, "Clap, clap! Clap, clap!" while I climbed up the slide and slid down. Then she would climb up and go down the slide while I ran around clapping and singing, "Clap, clap! Clap, clap." It was a lot of fun playing just with her. 
Then we played in a tree. 



The sprouts I made from the organic wheat kernels. 
Saturday: Kylie planned a brunch feast for General Conference and I love seeing how many kids wanted to help her. 


All the delicious food. She made ham and cheese rolls (like cinnamon rolls), cinnamon pull apart bread, potatoes with bacon and cheese on them, eggs, and blueberry muffins. Alexis made wholewheat strawberry donuts. I made fruit salad. 


Watching General Conference. 

I love to see my counters spread out with food I'm preserving. It's fun. I wish I could somehow make money from it.  
Fresh sprouts next to ones I dried in the oven.

Talea grabbing my cheeks and being sweet and silly. 

Today's conference snacks.

No comments: