Week by week

Week by week

Sunday, February 7, 2021

Week ending 2-7-21

 

Last Sunday: I took the 5 little kids for a walk to get out of the house and enjoy the mild weather on the last day of January while Spencer and Alexis were at mission prep.
I think they were pretending to drive somewhere.



I love Talea hanging out with Spencer, the youngest and oldest in my home right now.
Spencer doing this cool trick of sliding a cup then tossing a ball to bounce off the wall and land in the cup as it comes to a stop. I love all my kids hanging out in the kitchen on Sunday nights having a good time.
Trying on masks a friend sewed for us. I sent her these pictures to thank her.

Monday: Day 1 of a week of great Swiss meals made by Alexis as we studied Switzerland.
Today's was alpmagronen and stewed apples and it was delicious.
Makenna and her friend Lydia measuring to see who was taller. Lydia is 2.5 months older.
Tuesday: Sending Madalyn birthday cards. I wish I had a copy of the cute cards the kids have written people over the years, but taking a picture will have to do. This was from Kaitlyn.


Playing at the park.

Alexis had a late rehearsal and couldn't make Swiss food but Makenna did a makeup meal of Iceland food that she never made during her week. We had shrimp, tilapia, and flat bread. Plus our traditional Groundhog's Day breakfast we saved for dinner when everyone was home: cream of wheat w/a peanut butter groundhog. It was a fun dinner!




Spencer made a huge pita bread fish sandwich. :)
Slumber party on the basement floor.
Wednesday: For Julianne's birthday lunch we had stromboli and brownies just like we used to when we took stromboli to the park and cemetery. Today we had a little movie party instead. I made the stromboli and Alexis made delicious brownies from scratch.

For dinner Alexis made us Swiss cheese fondue with French bread and chicken that was delicious.



If you drop your piece of bread or chicken you have to kiss your neighbor.

Then we had a chocolate fondue for dessert.



Thursday: Playing airplane.
Friday: Tilly and Ruthie playing ballet.
Another Swiss dinner: raclette.
Tilly came up to me with my purse and said she should have it because it matched her dress. I couldn't get a good picture because she walked away, but it was really cute.
Makenna's 9th birthday party. Turns out all 5 girls needed a babysitter for the afternoon so with 4 hours to spend, they first watched a movie, then drew silly people, then played the candy bar game.


No comments: