Week by week

Week by week

Sunday, April 11, 2021

Week ending 4-11-21 Week at Mama's

 We had a great spring break at my mom's house. So glad I could go home and visit.

Sunday: The kids ready to come downstairs to see what the Easter bunny brought.
Searching for candy.

Last year was super fun with all 10 children. I loved COVID because I had everyone home and we could go on trips together. It felt empty with only 7 this year but I'm also grateful Kylie is serving the Lord in Brazil, Madalyn was finishing her last week of winter term at BYU-I and Spencer stayed home for track practice and meets.
Watching conference.
Easter dinner!
While eating dinner and talking to Kylie who got to call (!!) we saw these deer out the sliding glass door that were almost white. They were really cool.


I was reading outside on the deck with some of the kids when Samuel comes up to me with this armful of books asking which one I thought he should read. It was so cute and cracked me up. I helped him find some books more his size and he selected "The Littles to the Rescue."

Tuesday: We went to the bishop's house where his wife showed us her orchard and yard so we could get some ideas for our own country house.
The kids loved playing with their homemade hula hoops

As we were making dinner and dessert Mama sliced her thumb cutting chocolate for brownies.
Kait offered a back rub to pamper Mama a little.
It looked pretty deep to me so we went to the ER for stitches but chose glue instead.
Mama showing all the kids before we left.
All glued up!
Makenna and Mama: glued injury buddies.
Makenna just got glue on her chin last Thursday and now today Mama gets glue on her thumb.
Wednesday: Thomas starting the burn pile fire with the blow torch.
Tilly asking for her picture to be taken in front of the shed.
Makeshift lunch table.
We spent from 11-5 raking leaves and burning them and big fallen branches.

Thomas found a tiny frog that the kids spent more time playing with than raking leaves after that. :)
Tilly wanting more pictures taken.


Thursday: Picnic lunch at Indian Grinding Rocks State Park, my favorite field trip as a kid.
Looking at the tee-pees while waiting for the rest of the crew caught up to us.



Taking a little hike.

I love watching the crew happily hike and sing and play motorcycles. Hiking is my favorite part of state parks and I can't believe I'll soon have my very own property to hike on!
Afterward we went to my dad's grave. He died in 2016 and I'd never been to see it.



When we got home we spent the afternoon reading outside and doing stickers and playing in the fort.

We love the lizards who live on these walls. One is named PushUp because he's always doing pushups.

Then we played hulahoops until dinner. After dinner we watched a show with 14 kids. It was a perfect day!



Friday: Our last day. The kids wanted me to take pictures of all of their forts and stores, so these pictures are for them cause they use the blog as their scrapbook.
Alexis buying something from Makenna's store.
Andy's fort.

Thomas' store window: The bottom left corner is his acorn caps which are money, so it's like his cash register. The 3 sticks are carved and sanded smooth and are what he's selling for 5-20 acorn caps each.
The tall stick was his special one (I should have got a close up b/c it was really cool) and was 50 acorn caps.
The view from my house/ fort. I loved sitting and reading and watching them all buying and selling and sweeping out their forts and making them better. They spent the whole day up here in the woods.
I worked on a lot of paths. I hope we get to come next summer.
Writing notes to each other.
They put notes in a basket and slid it along the yarn to each other's forts.
This was the snack fort.
Saturday: Sam and Tilly wanted their picture taken at the gas station. Not sure why, haha. It was a very scary, run down station in Nevada but the workers were super nice.
When we got home Madalyn was there, having come home from BYU-I. She couldn't believe how tall Thomas had gotten. He's now taller than Alexis!
And almost as tall as Madalyn.

No comments: