Week by week

Week by week

Sunday, September 19, 2021

Week ending 9-19-21 A normal week, stacking wood, playing, working

 

Homemade bread Sundays! Alexis love to make bread on Sunday afternoons. She made extra to give to our neighbor who helped us put up the swings and sharpen my chainsaw.
Monday: Playing blocks in the library while Tom, Kait, and Kenna are rehearsing for The Wizard of Oz across the street.
When we got home Alexis had folded all the laundry which is usually Tilly's job. (Her "favewit job" as she calls it.) I love seeing piles of laundry. It means I have a big family. I'm sad they're growing up and leaving home but grateful to still have lots of piles of little clothes.
Wednesday: Kaitlyn could spend all day in this chair reading. She's read about 5x as many books as anyone else this school year. I think she's read about 20 and everyone else has read about 4 in the 4 weeks we've had school.
I took this as I was driving away. Wanted a picture for my family who I told the story of my "safety inspection" to. This is John's place where he hands out stickers.
Alexis took Thomas to rehearsal and went to YW and did all my errands while in town. She looked like Kylie coming in with her purse and groceries. Can't believe she's 16. Seems like Kylie was just barely 16 and doing the grocery shopping for me. I wish time would slow down. Now Kylie just turned 21!
Thursday: I love watching 7 kids goof off and bond while stacking all the wood I cut this week. Family work times are the best. I cherish these memories. If Alexis is at college next fall I'll be crying to only have 6 kids at our work parties.


Hard to see Talea in the swing, but it looked fun going so high. Snapped this as I was walking by to go work and taking in the beautiful scene of children happily playing, especially a 14 year-old pushing his 4 year-old sister.
Lexi wanted me to take this of Talea on her leg during scripture reading.

Friday: Hiking in our front woods on the way home from a trip to the mailbox. Love the detour instead of taking the road. It's so quiet and I don't have to worry about running into anyone because it's my property so nobody else will be on it. It's fun to run into a fox, turkey, or deer though.
The girls playing dragons in costumes Kaitlyn made for them.
Grilled cheese sandwiches outside before doing some yard work.
August was so humid we ignored our garden. This wasn't our garden year but hopefully we'll be more into it and do better next year. I'm embarrassed to even post a picture but next year I can be proud of myself for not letting it look this bad again. :)
Thomas and Alexis watched a movie in the living room so I read "The Middle Moffat" to these 4 upstairs on my bed. Andy combed my hair, Sam combed Makenna's, and Makenna combed Kaitlyn's.
Bored on a rainy Saturday where we couldn't do yard work so they had an impromptu tea party. First it started out with Talea trying on a fancy dress a neighbor gave us and then one by one the others went to dress up and joined in.
I took the kids to a singles activity at a little cabin on the river.


Only about 7 older ladies came and we roasted hot dogs and talked.



The cabin used to be a tobacco barn and they added on a nice pavilion with projector.

No comments: