Week by week

Week by week

Sunday, December 18, 2022

Week ending 12-18-22 Christmas is coming!

 

Tuesday: Samuel hauling wood with roller blades on.
I cut a bunch of wood deep in the woods where the lawn tractor and cart couldn't fit so we had to haul it out by hand and each took a couple of turns.
Wednesday: Making gingerbread houses at activity days. The leader brought sooo much candy!


Thursday: Walking through the yard I spied Kait and Kenna quietly reading in a hammock.

I hiked the woods with the little boys, gathering holly for decorations around the house. We had a great time! We played more than we collected holly but it was so much fun! They found teeter-totter logs, tried pushing down dead trees, found deer and bear poop, and ran around forgetting all sense of time. I love this life!
Andy trying to push down this dead tree.

Sam loved this tree that split into two and then grew together again and wanted me to take a picture of it.
Trying to push a dead tree into the creek. Hiking with my boys was one of my favorite things of the week. I could do it all day everyday.
Saturday: Lori picked up Kylie and Lexi from CLT and my mom from GSO early Saturday morning and brought them to my house. We went to the ward Christmas breakfast and then went and cut a tree down.


Hard to see, but I loved watching the kids run down the hill between the trees.



Kylie had slept in so we hadn't really seen her and the girls couldn't stop hugging her.

When Feliz Navidad comes on the kids have to do this "Snobby Duck" train. I love watching it every year. So happy my kids are best friends and still love childhood traditions.

Decorating the tree.

Finally have our tree!
Kait wanted a picture of her with the rooster.
Kylie is excited to meet our chickens.

No comments: