Week by week

Week by week

Friday, September 4, 2015

He's Here!

My due date was today, September 4, however I thought this one might come early, partly because the last few came early and partly because I felt my body was had had enough of being pregnant. It's getting harder as I get older. Three weeks ago I sent an induction date of Sept. 1 because it was a week my sister could be here and Nathan would take the kids to Grandma's in Florida for Labor Day if I'd had the baby already. I love having the Lord decide when I go into labor and the spontaneity of it and really didn't want to be induced. So we prayed I'd go into labor on my own after Tom's baptism on Friday and sometime before Tuesday. I didn't, though, so I went through with the induction. It wasn't bad at all and I'm so glad I did it. 
I have terrible back labor and I was scared to be induced because I thought I'd be hooked up to pitocin and a baby monitor and have to lie on my back the whole time. Wasn't the case. Because I have fast labors, I got 2 rounds of antibiotics for the group B strep before starting the induction. Then my midwife broke my water at 10:40am and we waited around for about 45 minutes before contractions started. They started off easy and weren't very intense until the end. I never did need pitocin. Above Nathan pushes on my back to ease the pain. It was so nice to be able to do this in the hospital instead of in the car as is usually the case.

At 12:39, just 2 hours after my water broke Anderson Charles was born. He was a screamer. I'm not sure if he liked being induced, but I'm so glad I did it. It was still a short labor and he was a big'un. Can't imagine pushing out any bigger.

Lori gets to cut the cord! It was soo special having my little sister here to see what an amazing experience giving birth is.

 8 lbs. 10.5 oz!! My biggest baby yet.

It was so nice having a noon delivery. As soon as we got to our room the kids got to come visit. Kylie had spent all morning bathing and combing hair and cleaning the house. She is a wonder!
I just love seeing the glow on the kids' faces when they come in the door anxious to see their new sibling. I didn't catch it on camera, but here are pictures Lori took as they crowded around the new baby.



Alexis's buddy. She gets to be the first to hold him.


He hadn't had a bath yet because they said he was too cold, so that's why he's all wrapped up and still dirty. 



9 kids!! I love it!!

Goofing off and hanging out. 


Makenna's in there! 
The oldest finally gets a turn. Kylie will be 15 this month. Now we have two September birthdays.

Nathan took this picture and it was immediately his favorite. Alexis tried to squeeze Anderson into a preemie onesie just to see if it fit. She had been hoping for a tiny girl buddy and got a big boy buddy.

This is my favorite hospital picture.


Getting the hearing test.
This is how he reacted to everything anyone did to him. Samuel never cared about any of his tests or shots, but Anderson hated them.

 The next morning Lori brought the 5 youngest kids again to see Anderson. The oldest 3 didn't want to come because, "You just have to wait your turn to hold him."


 We love Aunt Lori! She had to go to the airport shortly after this and we miss her already. She did so much for us, constantly playing with the kids, cleaning up, and taking care of things. I'm so glad she got to come and see the baptism and birth.

My hospital room 

Getting ready to go home! 



Doesn't look like a one day old baby does he?


These 3 kids were home to greet us. Kylie, Madalyn, and Spencer were at church activities and Alexis already had Kaitlyn and Makenna tucked in. Then she went to work making us a sign like they made when I brought Samuel home.
 
Breaking through the sign.


Samuel had worn Makenna's flip flops out to meet us and when he took them off he put them on Anderson.

Alexis and Anderson. She was so happy I got to come home on Wednesday. With the group B Strep they almost kept us till Thursday. 
It was a quiet evening with just these four. --Until the older 3 got home. 



Thursday morning everyone wants to see the baby! 






2 comments:

Sara Lyn said...

How fun! You're right. He didn't look like a one-day-old. :) But he's beautiful! So cute to see all the kids together.

John said...

Congratulations!! He's a cute chunky new born.