Week by week

Week by week

Sunday, September 6, 2015

Hi, Alexis! From Anderson

Hi, Alexis! It's Anderson! I know you were ambivalent about leaving me and going to Florida when I was only 3 days old. I didn't want you to miss my first week of life either. But thank you for going cheerfully and I hope you're having a great time. Mommy has been taking pictures to post especially for you so that you get to see my first week and what Mommy and I are doing at home.

You remember Thursday. If I wasn't eating or sleeping I was screaming. Between packing and cleaning everyone took a turn at trying to calm me down. Y'all tried holding me in various positions, rocking me, got out the bouncer and set it up for me, and took me outside, but nothing worked. I was so grumpy. I guess it made you feel better about leaving me though since I wasn't much fun to hold. Sorry about that. I'll be better for you when you get back!

Friday morning: Everyone was so excited to leave hardly anyone but you said good-bye to me. Have fun at Grandma and Peepaw's house in Florida!

Wow! How many people are you squishing in that 8 passenger van? Nine? Oh. Well, when we get a bigger van Mommy and I would love to come too. I can't wait to meet the Florida relatives.
I heard y'all were great during the 11 hour trip. Good for you! Especially after travelling so much this summer already.
Good-bye, I'll miss you!

As soon as we went in the house, Mom tried to take selfies with a real camera and a flash. 
Tell her to get an iphone.
Even though I screamed the first hour after you left, 
Mom was really excited that it's just me and her for 5 days! Paarrrty!

Mom's bed is the best. I took a good morning nap for her while she tidied the house. 

And later I slept peacefully on the couch. Mommy thought you'd think I was cute sleeping on my arm like that.

When I woke up Mommy tried taking pictures of me wearing this same onesie Samuel wore at 3 days old to compare us.  
I know I'm screaming, but don't you think I'm cute all stretched out? 
Later I had my first alert and happy time. Mommy was thrilled. She took lots of pictures but I'm always moving and they didn't come out very well. 
She thought you would love how my new blanket coordinated with my outfit, but it didn't turn out well in the camera.

Getting ready for bed. My second happy time of the day. 

Excuse me, I'm about to sneeze. 
If you were here you'd say, "He's so cute without any clothes on!"

Saturday: While I was sleeping Mommy made taquitos for her football party. Don't tell the other kids she opened up the Peanut Butter Crunch and Golden Grahams for her treat!

Mommy was excited that BYU's first game was on TV. She enjoyed watching it and catching up on emails while I laid peacefully in her arms throughout the whole thing. Maybe I'll watch the next one. Oh, that's the only one on TV this year? Well, at least I saw the incredible winning touchdown. And I heard ECU won too. We're off to a great football season!

Do you like how I slept with my legs crossed? Mommy thought you would think it was cute, especially if you were here because it was cuter in person she says.

Sunday: I slept great last night and now it's time to get ready for my first outing: church. 
I can't wait for everyone to meet me. 

Three hours of church! Wow! It can really wear a baby out! Even if I did sleep through most of it. I was awake when I first got there though and it was fun surprising people who didn't know I'd been born yet. Sister Carman said, "Marcie, when did this happen?!" She and everyone else thought I was adorable. Brother Sellars asked how many pounds of bacon he needs to buy for me for the BOB. People are so funny!  
I look like I'm doing a hula dance, but I'm just trying to wake up for lunch.

Same here. I'm not doing aerobic dance kicks, I'm just stretching. 
And yawning. It's hard to wake up after a good nap. Why did Mommy even put these on here?

Oh, and the selfies of our first day at church together, just the two of us. 
I think I'm smiling in this one. 

Getting a diaper change. What is it with moms and onesies? 
They think babies are so cute with their pants off. 

Hmm. 
Do you think I'm cute?
Oh great, more onesie pictures-- during my afternoon nap. 
What? A picture of my bottom? Oh, that's right. Mommy thought if you were here, you'd be saying how cute I was sleeping with my little bum in the air. Well, just don't let anyone else see this!
I actually think this is a good picture of me. Finally!
Hope you had a great Sunday!



3 comments:

Sara Lyn said...

Anderson is very cute and clever to have written this so early in life!

Katie R said...

That was really cute. Congrats on the new little guy. I love his name and he looks so cute!

Lori Hofmann said...

I love the outfit he wore to church!! So cute! I liked the picture of his bottom. It was super cute!