Week by week

Week by week

Tuesday, March 10, 2009

So Much Love


We were surprised when the Winterville Flower lady brought us this beautiful bouquet of flowers sent to us by our med student friends from our Irving Ward. I was so touched when I read the tag. The kids were cute trying to figure out how the flowers got here all the way from Texas. :) Also they were wondering how we were going to get the vase back to them and were so excited when I told them we could keep it. All of the lilies opened up and we still have a cup of daisies and carnations that are still blooming strong 3 weeks later. Thank you so much all you sweet girls! Your thoughtfulness means a lot to me.























One Tuesday night our doorbell rang and we were left with a bucket of brownies and oreos on our porch. Then I looked up and saw that we had been "heart-attacked" with many hearts that had cute, sweet notes on them. Our guess is that it was the young women. :)
We have been door-ditched a few other times since Julianne died, once with a giant heart shaped rice krispy treat and once with a basket of food. Counting the Christmas we got the 12 days of Christmas done to us, I think we may be the most door-ditched family. :) The children love it of course, and talk about how they can't believe people are doing such nice things for us. Now that they have been on the receiving end of so much kindness they are wanting to go out and serve others.






















We were also surprised when this delicious fruit arrangement was delivered to our door one afternoon, given to us by one of Nathan's brothers and his family. We have been so touched by the way everyone has reached out to us and shown their love for us. It has been a very difficult time for me, a lot harder than I thought, but I feel the Savior's love for me through the kind deeds of family and friends, which brings me a lot of comfort. Thank you so much!!

1 comment:

RobinsonRugrats said...

Edible Arrangements.... they are sooooo good. I know that you guys enjoyed that.