Week by week

Week by week

Wednesday, June 16, 2010

Good-Bye Kids!

Last Friday morning the kids went down to Florida. Nathan's sisters living at home graciously drove up to get them on Thursay (and baby-sat while I went to Nathan's graduation with the older girls), spent the night, and then drove them down there in our van. His parents will bring them back Thursday night. So far it sounds like they're having a great time. I'm not surprised. I love it when I go there too.

Kyie and Madalyn have to sit by each other. They pick the back seat next to Thomas.

Alexis and Spencer want the seats by the doors so that the middle seat can be folded down to pass things back and forth. I don't know if they stuck with this arrangement all the way there or not, but it was fun listening to them decide this when they realized there would be an extra seat in the van since Kaitlyn wasn't going.

Tom-Tom was the first to pack his bag. He was very excited.


The van driving away at 7:30am. Nathan is the figure in white who is running with it. The children have a tradition to run with whoever is leaving our house, friend or family. They loved watching Daddy do it while they were the ones leaving.


I spent a lot of Saturday organizing past years' school work. The kids have so much good stuff that it's hard to decide what to toss, but I had to downsize a bit because we're running out of room. I've also spent a lot of time doing lesson plans for next school year, starting in August. It's going to be a great year and I'm really excited. I've already learned so much just in planning.


Kaitlyn the cutie keeping me company.

Saturday night we bought a new computer. It was all Nathan's decision and he decided he'd had enough of waiting for 20 minutes for the old one to just turn on. It's lived a long life, but we won't miss it. Nathan was like a little boy on Christmas, opening his new "toy" and setting it up that night.


Kaitlyn is excited to go out for dinner for FHE on Monday.
We picked Nathan up at work, ate at a Mexican restaurant, went to the library for more history books, then came home for a nice lesson and treats. It sure is fun only having one. :)

2 comments:

cheryl said...

She is adorable!! A big congrats to all of you for finishing up the residency. What a wonderful accomplishment for the whole family. I am amazed how you keep on top of lesson plans and everything else too.

Emily said...

What a cute little girl! I still can't believe how grown-up your others are. Nice you had some time alone.