Week by week

Week by week

Wednesday, June 2, 2010

Medoc Mountain

Saturday we went to Medoc Mountain State Park. We love state parks because there are so many trees (as opposed to our barren yard) and plenty of hiking, nature, and quietness around. It's my idea of a perfect outing. As soon as we set off, the kids buddied up: Kylie and Alexis, Madalyn and Spencer. The kids informed us that Kaitlyn was my buddy and Thomas was Daddy's, although he preferred to hang out with them unless he needed a ride. :) It will be fun when Kaitlyn is big enough to be someone's buddy; I like it when we have an even amount of children.


I love these first two pictures. They were so cute hiking ahead of us and squealing with delight over the smallest things: bugs, sticks, leaves, etc. We all had a great time.
These next ones are portraits that the kids wanted taken of themselves. I didn't want mine, but I got it anyway.



Kylie holding Kaitlyn. I guess I never got one of Kylie's face, so this will have to count.

Madalyn

Spencer begged me to take this picture of him with muddy clothes after he re-enacted his dramatic fall of running and slipping into the mud.

Then Lexi wanted a picture of her too.

And Thomas too of course.


Kaitlyn relaxing while we take a break from hiking and watch the kids play in the creek.

Hiking back

Spencer found this perfect hiking stick for Nathan.


We made it! Back to where we started from.

4 comments:

David said...

There are lots of GREAT pictures! I really like the one of Nathan's hiking stick though. Spencer definitely found the perfect stick for him.

Ramona Zabriskie said...

Darling darling! I think hiking is the best possible family recreation for so many reasons.

Grant said...

Love it you guys! Bri and can't wait to take our future kids on outings like that!

Debbie said...

Your family is beautiful! I love checking your blog for the fun things you're doing together and funny stories about your kids. I don't comment as often as I should. Kaitlyn is so cute with her siblings and all her different outfits. She is definitely well taken care of. I hope Kaitlyn and Kate get to meet when they're a little older. :)