Week by week

Week by week

Tuesday, June 19, 2012

Pre-Trip Trip Pictures

When we prepared our packets (Itinerary, fascinating facts, state info, word searches, etc.) we mostly focused on the trip leaving Florida and driving to California. Since we've driven to Florida many times we didn't really count it as part of our trip. Instead we called it "pre-trip." So the day we drove down there the packet page was called "Pre-Trip Day 1" and I'm labeling these pictures our pre-trip pictures.
 The car is packed and we're taking off. Here we're waving to Nathan who will be a bachelor for 8 long weeks. He's so supportive of us taking this trip. I didn't want to be gone so long but his family's reunion was June 2 and mine is July 9 so I wanted to drive straight to California from Florida instead of coming home and taking off again. This gives us 4 weeks in California before turning around and driving home, but since we haven't been in 6 years and it'll be awhile before we go again, I figured that's ok.
 Nathan ran with the car to the corner to wave good-bye. I'll surely miss my sweetheart. I hope he's taken care of while I'm gone and not too lonely.
 The kids playing their instruments and reciting a poem (Spencer) during the family reunion celebrating Nathan's grandparents 60th wedding anniversary.
 It wouldn't be a reunion without potato sack races!

 Playing in the pools at Grandma's house (Nathan's parents)
Kylie and Madalyn wanting a silly picture of them sticking out both ends of a slide at a park near Grandma's.

It was very relaxing having a few days at Grandma's before our big trip. The kids played nicely (it's hard to fight at Grandma's where there is always such a sweet spirit and everyone there is nice to each other) and we ate delicious home cooking. As for me, I got a lot of school work done. I loved browsing school books to make lesson plans and decide which year I want to teach which subject. It got me excited for the upcoming school year.

No comments: