Week by week

Week by week

Saturday, June 16, 2012

We Made It!!

We made it to California and had a blast along the way!! I never would have thought driving 4,200 miles with 7 kids under 12 would be so fun. We definitely love travelling. The kids were great and rarely fought or complained. We played games, listened to a lot of music and books on an ipod a friend generously lent me, talked, and did our packets. The packets consisted of a sheet for each day of the trip with itinerary info, a map of where we would travel that day, fascinating facts of the state or places we were seeing, and extras like a word search of that state/place. We had spent the last 6 weeks of school researching the states and sites we would be visiting and making these packets. They were well worth all the effort as the kids learned a lot and were really interested and excited to see the sites in person.
I'll be putting pictures on shortly but I wanted to post that we made it just fine and had a great time. It was way more fun than I thought and I'd do it again anytime. In fact, I can't wait to drive back to North Carolina. In the meantime, though, I'll enjoy being here in my childhood home which I haven't seen in 6 years. Although my parents come to visit us once a year, we haven't been to their house so Kylie and Madalyn are the only ones who remember it. We got here last night and they're all having fun. 

3 comments:

Emily S. said...

Amazing! You are one super momma!

Sara Lyn said...

So glad you made it! And that it's so fun!!! You're so brilliant in helping the trip be fun!

Kira said...

I was waiting for the word. Well done, Crazy Girl. We can't wait to see you after your family lets you go.