Week by week

Week by week

Saturday, July 20, 2013

Holladay Updates As A Family

Hello! Long time, no posting! I've been frantically scrapbooking for the past few months and got all caught up but it zapped my energy for putting the same pictures on the blog. I can't decide if I want to keep both of them--blog and scrapbook-- or just print the blog out in a book. But I love the creative side of physically scrapbooking --cutting, taping, stickers, etc--and we love looking through them in the evenings or Sundays. So I don't want to quit and it'll probably be the blog that suffers. Sorry.
In any case, I'd like to post what we've been up to. This post will be what we've been doing as a family the past 6 months and then I'll post updates on each family member one by one.
Really, we haven't been up to too much. In the spring we went on a few field trips: the strawberry patch, the bird sanctuary, the zoo, and the Smoky Mountains. This summer we stripped wallpaper in the kitchen and two baths and then painted, participated in The Promised Land Pageant, and went to Florida for a family reunion and baptism of Alexis. Our camera broke so for awhile we didn't have one, but here are some old camera or ipod pictures:

 My 5 girls wearing purple one Sunday. Kylie loves to coordinate and then document with a photo.
 
 My one regret about our trip to the mountains is that I didn't have a camera. We had to use the ipod camera and didn't take very many pictures. What we took hardly turned out. Other than that, the trip was awesome. I took the kids by myself the week of my birthday and did what I love best: hiking and picnicking. The kids were great, the weather was perfect and I cried when we left.
 Hiking Clingman's Dome, the highest point in TN.
 
 We went to Sliding Rock, a 60' natural rock slide with very cold water and a deep, rushing pool at the bottom. Spencer was the only one brave enough to try it.
 
 Playing in a helicopter at the zoo.
 
 Strawberry patch back in April.

 Kylie dressed everyone as a rainbow to go to the bird zoo. Makenna is red, Madalyn is orange, etc.
It was an AWESOME zoo, nobody was there, the weather was great, and we had a wonderful time. May 1, 2013
 Playing in the Landing Zone where parakeets land all over you. It was hilarious!
 

 

No comments: