Week by week

Week by week

Friday, July 26, 2013

Holladay Updates One-by-One: Kylie

The best word to describe Kylie right now is creative. Her creative side is really taking off. All day long she is creating something. She loves to crochet and has made a million outfits for all of the girls' My Little Ponies, Snap 'n Style dolls, and Polly Pocket Princesses. She has crocheted purses and bags and hair accessories for herself. She also likes to create carriages for the dolls and ponies using cardboard or cardstock and plenty of markers, stickers, or sparkly things. She loves to bake and add her own touch to recipes my fancying them up. I've always felt bad she has a plain and simple mother who is not into frills and sparkles. But at least she has little sisters who are in awe of her creations.
Kylie is still a wonderful leader in our family and can get the kids to clean up better than I can. She is a fantastic baby-sitter and I take advantage of knowing the house will always be better than I left it. We've been going to the temple nearly every Friday night and Kylie is always happy to baby-sit. I leave at four and she will make a nice dinner (meat pie, homemade rolls, fruit salad, green beans was her menu last week) and dessert, clean everything up, play a game with the kids, and have them all tucked in bed when we get home at 10pm. It is a wonderful break for me and such a peace of mind knowing the kids are well fed, happy, and in bed on time. Plus, like I said, everything is cleaner than I left it and I look forward to a clean, peaceful Saturday. I don't know what I would do without Kylie!
She still loves to play the violin and piano and practices a lot. At 12 1/2 she is a full 2" taller than I am, maybe 3 by now, and is still growing. She is a good eater and loves to style her food on her plate and show off how pretty it is with an extra celery leaf or something looking like parsley. Her favorite thing to make is rolls and she makes them several times a week and eats them for lunch with butter and homemade jam.
I could go on and on about Kylie because she is really developing her talents and interests right now and becoming a delightful young woman.
 
 Kylie playing her violin while the other kids do a line dance. She is the instigator of group activities and I love her fun ideas and how well the children cooperate and respect her. They love her so much they'll do anything she asks. April 19.
 
 Kylie crocheted this scrunchi complete with beautiful beads. She has always loved fancy things and is really going to town making things and coming up with fancy hairstyles. May 5.
 
 This is an ipod picture that didn't come out, but she loves to crochet fancy dresses for her, Madalyn's, and Alexs's dolls and take pictures of them. May 11.
 
 Kylie on the purple outfit day. It was her idea to match and take pictures. June 8.

 Kylie got to go to girls camp for the first time and when I pulled up with her the kids jumped in the van and smothered her with hugs. It was so sweet to see how much they missed her. June 14
 

 Kylie loves to try new recipes and be creative with them. After church one Sunday she decided to make cherry tarts. June 16.
 
 I bought some silky black pants at Goodwill then cut them off to be capris. Kylie quickly snatched up the remaining material and was ecstatic about how it was perfect for a purse. She went to work and turned out this lovely purse. June 23
 
 At young womens one night they did cake decorating, something she's always wanted to do. She was so proud of how her cake turned out. June 25.
 

 These are pictures Madalyn took when they were playing dress-up. June 29.
 
A second purse she made out of my pant material.
 
 A bag she made last week. When she saw me posting about her she took these 3 pictures and wanted me to post them too.

It's hard to tell what these are without them being on the ponies, but she wanted to show a sample of Rarity's clothes. I think some are saddles and some are skirts. She loves to glue beads all over them.


1 comment:

Sara Lyn said...

Oh, my fancy stuff!! I knew Kylie's things would look good, but wow! She is so multi-talented! She's such a sweet girl and growing up way too fast for my taste. :) I'm glad you have such a capable helper as your firstborn. Tell her great job on the purse! It looks fantastic!