Week by week

Week by week

Sunday, May 29, 2016

Week ending 5-29-16

This was our first week off of school and it was great. 
Kylie and Madalyn still had seminary and several baby-sitting jobs, plus a couple of online classes to finish up, but we still had plenty of time to relax.
Monday: I was putting Anderson down for his morning nap when I heard a street sweeper come by multiple times and wondered what was up. Then the paving truck came and started paving our cul-de-sac and up our street. I was going to take Kylie and Madalyn to seminary but wasn't allowed out so they had to walk. I was glad because I got a lot done at home and had fun watching the kids watch the truck. 

Tuesday: I see public schoolers on facebook getting awards and recognition for their hard work. I felt guilty for not recognizing my kids' hard work year after year so I surprised them with a little present they've wanted for years, but without a job we haven't been able to get. 

Ticket to Ride! Year after year they ask for this at Christmas. I hope they spend many happy hours playing it this summer. I'm so proud of the great students they're becoming. It's a pleasure to teach them and I'm so grateful for all of the good times I have with them. I love being home with them all day everyday and learning together. I'm grateful they choose me to be their teacher year after year. 
Spencer about to jump or flip off the railing. They took a bunch of videos too but I haven't watched them. I'm just posting this for us to remember the fun of jumping off the deck and what it looked like for after we move. 
Thomas 

Wednesday: Okay, I'll stop posting these. I just want to remember how frequently this happens. He's so funny. One minute we could hear him singing on the toilet. The next it's quiet. The kids and I were lingering around the dinner table and immediately started guessing he fell asleep. I went upstairs and sure enough, found him like this. 
Thursday: The best night ever!! I stopped at Lowes on my way home from the temple and got a fire pit, something I was hoping to get for my birthday. The kids got to work putting it together. They were SOOO excited and it was fun seeing their excitement. 

Kaitlyn and Makenna got to work making stilts out of the styrofoam. Then they turned these pieces into pianos for their dolls. 

We first roasted hot dogs and pigs in a blanket. 


Then we had s'mores. 


Nathan works till 9 or 10 Tuesday through Thursday nights. The kids and I usually do a reading party or watch a movie. This firepit will provide us with many more happy memories and fun evenings together. I'm so glad I got it. I love campfires and s'mores. All of the kids said that even if we never used it again, it was totally worth the fifty bucks. 

Friday night Nathan, Spencer, Thomas, and Samuel went to the father-son campout. Unfortunately they don't have any pictures of it. We girls had brownie sundaes and watched a movie at home. We don't have any pictures of that either, but it was a lot of fun.
This picture was after Anderson had played in the sink for quite awhile. He was having a blast until Madalyn wanted to take a picture and didn't get him out when he saw her.

Sunday: When I walk into a bathroom Andy lunges for the sink. He loves to sit there and play. 
This bathroom is particularly fun because 7 kids share this bathroom and there are a lot of toothbrushes in it. :)


Trying to take a picture after church today by setting the camera on the couch and setting the timer. Didn't come out the greatest, but it's all we have. 
Kaitlyn's fancy hair done by Kylie

No comments: