Week by week

Week by week

Sunday, April 9, 2017

Week ending 4-9-17

We had a great spring break week! We hardly had any plans and I LOVED it. I love having all my kids home all day everyday. If only every week could be this laid-back and relaxed. We had a great time and really needed the break.
Monday: I found Anderson and Samuel sitting in the corner by the piano books with hymnals in their laps, waving their arms and singing really loudly. It was so cute.

Wednesday we finally had nice weather to do a rocket launching party for Nathan's belated birthday. The friends and family we were trying to organize to come couldn't come but since it was the only warm, not raining, not windy day, I couldn't put it off anymore and we went ahead with the party. As I was packing up the snacks I realized I had way too much and still really wanted some spectators for Nathan so I called my 2 friends in the primary presidency to invite them. I was so happy that they came! We had a great picnic and a wonderful afternoon.  






Madalyn took this of Makenna's hair.
Friday: After lunch we made brownies and s'more bars. While they cooked we had a reading party. We snuggled on the couch with blankets and books and it was blissfully quiet for a full hour. After the treats were done we had a movie party. Talk about a relaxing day! I love hanging out with my kids.
Saturday morning we all scrubbed the floor. Hard to see the kids, but it was nice to get some deep cleaning done even though now you can't tell.
Sunday morning we woke up to 3.5" of snow. It was beautiful on the trees just getting their leaves.

Five girls getting ready for 9:00 church in a tiny bathroom. I can't wait until I have six!!
Sunday evening Madalyn spent quite a bit of time reading a board book to Anderson and teaching him the words and signs. They laughed and bonded and I loved watching it. I'm grateful for my older kids teaching and spending time with the little ones because I'm not spending as much time with them as I'd like.


2 comments:

Lori Hofmann said...

Who's wearing the pink hat cleaning the floors? Kaitlyn? So cute!!! I love it!

Marcie said...

Yes, it's Kaitlyn. I had to click on the picture to make it bigger to see for sure. Thanks for all your comments! Can't wait to see you.