Week by week

Week by week

Sunday, February 10, 2019

Week ending 2-10-19

Last Sunday: Nathan's sister Katie came over and brought some dress up clothes the girls enjoyed trying on. 
Alexis 
Kaitlyn 
Makenna 

Monday: Doing science. I'm not sure why we took this picture since we have plenty of us doing school, but maybe someone requested it. 
It was Madalyn's birthday and she wanted a haircut so I took her to Fantastic Sam's. It is her very first haircut at a salon. I've always cut her hair or my sister-in-law.

My brother sent Spencer some new track spikes since he's running track. That was super nice of him and Spencer was so thrilled. 
He was saying, "Yes!" but I missed the look of pure joy he had a second before I took this one where he made a fake smile. 
Madalyn's birthday dinner. 
In addition to the haircut I gave her some flat iron spray. 
My mom got her a really nice shirt. 
Nathan reading to Talea after presents. 
After presents Madalyn didn't feel like eating the lemon cake she made but was more in a popcorn mood instead. So we sat around and had a reading party and ate popcorn. 
Samuel ate these pretzels and told me to send the picture to Kylie. 
Kylie texted back asking for a picture of Madalyn's cake. I sent her this one, because this is what it looked like since we hadn't finished it. :) 
Tuesday after lunch Madalyn took it out of the pan and put the glaze on. It was a delicious lemon cake. 



 

Playing "office" an old game they play where everyone has a desk and writes notes to each other and quietly does their office work. I love it. :) 
Wednesday morning we woke up to 9" of snow and public school cancelled (just seminary for us). It was fun to have everyone home and doing homeschool all day in our cozy house with nowhere to go. 

The snowplow finally comes by when the snow stops. 

10.5" on the bench. 
11" on the table. 
Thursday morning: Madalyn, Spencer, and Alexis got to go to a seminary morningside with Jon Schmidt. They were soooo excited!! They started playing his songs when they were about 9. 




Looking out our dining room window. I'm always surprised at how much snow is out there! 
Makenna's turned 7 a few days after Madalyn turned 17. Here they're dancing and jumping to Madalyn's piano playing. 
She wanted homemade pizza. 
More laughing and dancing and having a great time together as Spencer and Madalyn play the "Shut up and Dance" duet. 
Makenna wanted a funfetti cake that looked like her pretend cake.  



We made it with whole wheat flour and it turned out delicious. I was amazed. I don't like cake but I liked this one and everyone ate it, even the little kids who usually leave their plates with only 1 bite out of it. 

I gave her sleepers from a thrift store and a ballet outfit for her doll, both I found before Christmas which made her birthday shopping easy this year. :) 
My mom got her a cute outfit for her and her doll.  
Playing Apples to Apples. 
Trying out her new sleepers. She's been wanting some for a long time and they're so hard to find. 
Friday: Makenna had a few friends over to play dress up and celebrate her birthday. 
Eating grilled cheese. 
I missed the presents because I was putting Talea down for a nap but Alexis took a few pictures. 


Kaitlyn made Makenna a laptop. 
Wearing the outfit Mama gave her and texting it to her at the library.  
The older kids went to the temple so I took the little 5 to the library--first time going anywhere all week. 
Saturday: Playing ballet class. 

Waiting backstage for their turn. 
Nathan's dad was in town and we got to see his brother, Aaron who just got off his mission so we haven't seen him in 2 years (although he served in SLC!). Unfortunately Nathan was at work but hopefully we'll see Aaron again soon as he's moving out here. They are the oldest and youngest, 21 years apart. Aaron was born 5 days after Nathan got home from his mission in July of 1998.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I like Spencer's hair in his track spikes picture. And Makenna looks so cute in her birthday pictures and new outfit at the library. When you make the cake with whole wheat flour do you use all whole wheat for part wheat and part white? I've read you can use half and half for baking.