Week by week

Week by week

Sunday, February 3, 2019

Week ending 2-3-19

Last Sunday: Talea was so cute carrying someone's scriptures out to the parking lot after church but I didn't get a picture so I got one of her at home playing with them. 

Monday: Lots of our kids like to photograph their food. :)
This was fish with quinoa (with black beans, peppers, and tomatoes from neighbors' gardens frozen since last summer), green beans, pumpkin (frozen from our pumpkins), and peaches (frozen from our neighbors.) 

Tuesday: Getting in the van to go see Elder D. Todd Christofferson!! 
Waiting in the church administration building. 

Giving Todd the birthday cards they made him this year. 
I wish I had a picture of us all sitting around his office talking. It was so neat to be there. We chatted for about 50 minutes, asking him what he likes to do, hearing him tell stories of NC, and telling a bit about ourselves. 
Andy was so excited to be there, he didn't know how to be himself. 

Chatting as we said our goodbyes. 
Running to the car in the parking garage. 
Wednesday: Thomas stabbed his leg with scissors as he sat down and they went clear through his jeans and cut deep into his thigh. 

I opened the door to check on Kaitlyn who was grinding 50 lbs of wheat for me and found her sweetly reading while waiting for the grinder to finish a batch.


Kylie came home for Spencer's concert that night. After everyone was served and I was washing dishes my heart treasured hearing them all talk excitedly about their day. So I took a picture to remember how much I love having 10 children around my table, all happily eating and chatting.
Thursday: Making neurons in anatomy. 


Friday: Early Friday morning Madalyn and Alexis left to visit Kylie, and Spencer left on an overnight orchestra field trip to St. George, so I was left with the 6 younger kids. It was looking like a long, boring 2 days (they would all be home late Saturday night) with nothing planned so I took them to the zoo to use our pass. We had a great time and everything worked out perfect.  








We had the whole lunch area to ourselves, which was great. It was lower 40's in the sun, so not too bad for the first of February. 

Last time I brought the double stroller and nobody wanted to sit in it. This time I brought the single and they both wanted to ride. :) 
Talea was so cute running around but I could never snap a picture, she was running so fast. 

She especially loved the turtles. 




Titi monkeys just sitting there with their tails entwined. 
That night I let the kids have a nintendo party. They did some coloring game. Meanwhile upstairs Kait and I had a reading/exercise party where we did the exercise bike and stair stepper while reading our books.  
I pulled a lot of doll stuff into my room to keep Talea occupied while I read but she mostly wanted to play with me. 

She's at the age where she wants to buckle car seats over and over (and wants you to unbuckle them so she can do them over and over!) 
She asked me to read her favorite library book over and over. I ended up only getting about 10-20 minutes total of reading my book. :)

Accidentally screenshoted our facetime with the 3 girls hanging out in Kylie's dorm. 
Saturday: Groundhog's Day! We ate our traditional cream of wheat with peanut butter groundhogs. 




Later the kids did a tea party.  




Makenna took this of Kaitlyn serving the kids, using a little green plate as her serving tray.

Lettuce and berry smoothie. 
Washing dishes afterward.

1 comment:

Diane said...

That's pretty incredible that you got to meet Elder Christofferson and talk to him for 50 minutes.