Week by week

Week by week

Sunday, May 5, 2019

Week ending 5-5-19

Monday: I went on a nice long hike while my mother-in-law did school with the kids. I had a great time and the weather was perfect for hiking. When I rounded a corner I saw this: a very steep, rocky trail so I decided to take a picture to show the kids what kind of hike I went on.
I made it to the waterfall! 
I've been doing this hike once a month since January and there has been way too much snow so this was my first time making it to the waterfall.    

At the top of the waterfall. 
Looking over part of the waterfall. 



Part of the trail going back down.
I wanted to compare this to when I came in January, February, and March. 
The 5 little kids made bedrooms outside and played in them all afternoon but I forgot to take a picture until they cleaned half of it up. 
Someone took a nice picture of the sunset. 

Tuesday: Talea and Madalyn playing the piano. I love watching my teens and toddlers interact and bond. 
All the children except Spencer and Kylie playing office together.
That night YM was cancelled because of a storm so I took advantage of Spencer being home to babysit and I ran 3 kids to Payless to get shoes 75% off. Thomas desperately needed church shoes and Kaitlyn needed sandals, but Talea was not a child who needed something. :) However, she put these black boots on and wouldn't take them off. When we finally got them off of her she wouldn't give them to the lady. Instead, she held onto them and cried. It was so cute. The lady kept saying with a Brazilian accent, "Don't be mad at me, Baby. If I owned the store I would give them to you." She was so sweet. When I told Talea to go get her shoes I couldn't find them anywhere. Then I found them on the shelf. She had stuck her ugly, purple, worn-by-lots-of-girls shoes on the shelf.

When we got home Alexis took off the ripped up sheet on her bed and put it on then texted a picture of herself to my sister Trish, saying she could wear one of these if she took a job in Saudi Arabia. (Trish got several offers there--she teaches at American schools in foreign countries.) 
Wednesday: Talea trying out a new scooter I got with a gift card. 
Kneeling down for family prayer. I just had to take a picture to preserve in my memory. 
Talea came upstairs and pulled up her shirt and showed us that she put on Samuel's underwear. As soon as we come back from California we're potty training! She's been ready for a long time but I've been waiting for it to get warm.


Thursday: Park day. For a little while I played with Talea on the baby playground and she made friends with the cutest twins. 
I took a picture to show Alexis who loves twins but was was babysitting. 
Talea eating her lunch and singing to herself. Her container has cut up mango and strawberries. 
Riding her new scooter. 
Next we went to the library. Talea called this giraffe a horse and was saying, "Neigh, neigh!" 





Friday: I took a picture of this tree on a walk so I could try to figure out what kind of tree it is. I don't know Utah trees.

On my way home I approached the first house in our neighborhood and saw Sam and Andy sitting on the grass. Our conversation went like this:
"Sam, and Andy, what are you guys doing here?"
"Relaxing"
"On MamaJo's grass?"
"Yeah."
"Why aren't you relaxing on our grass?"
"Because ours has too many dandelions. MamaJo's is much nicer."
Thomas was supposed to be babysitting but apparently they took beach towels and went up the street to MamaJo's house just sat on her grass "relaxing." It was so funny. 
Saturday: I guess the pictures didn't come out well, but these are all the tulips Alexis planted. 
 It's weird to see bulbs come up so late here; I'm used to them coming up in February and May just seems wrong, but I'm trying to get used to it. :) Alexis is very proud of her flower gardens.
Random hang out picture.
I looked out the kitchen window while I was doing dishes and saw these 4 sweet girls hanging out. 


Kaitlyn spent 4 hours grinding wheat until our wheat grinder broke. The whole engine burnt out. Afterward the porch was covered with wheat flour dust. 

The 2 containers she filled up with three 25 lb bags of wheat.

No comments: