Week by week

Week by week

Wednesday, July 24, 2019

Week ending 7-21-19


Wednesday: Off on our trip to Lake Tahoe. Back across Nevada again--still wish they'd moved that state. This time Spencer and Kylie did all the driving so Madalyn and I didn't have to. (They didn't go in May.) It was wonderful!! I got a lot done reading, working on school, and writing in my journal. Plus helped the kids with things.  


Madalyn was in the very back corner so you couldn't see her in the above picture but this one turned out blurry b/c of the van shaking. 
We stopped in Elko for gas and switch drivers and then in Lovelock where we ate the school lunch at a park. I loved seeing all the kids sitting at the picnic table with their lunch trays and ran to get my camera out of the car but when I came back one child was gone. Then I never remembered to get a picture when she came back. Bummer. It was a precious memory anyway. I love going places with all 10 children. I won't be able to much longer so I'm savoring every minute of it.
Kaitlyn took these pictures after we got our camp set up. We haven't camped in 7 years and this is the first time I actually bought some camping gear, so it was exciting. 
New 10 man tent with lights and instant set up. 

The view from the road. Across the road is where the rest of my family was camping.
I got an air mattress too. Lexi and I slept on the mattress and the 3 little kids on the floor on the other side. It worked out perfect. 
I borrowed this tent for Kylie and Madalyn to sleep in. 
My brother brought this tent for Kaitlyn and Makenna to sleep in. 
Their stuff. :)
Spencer slept in this hammock.
Thomas slept in a hammock the first night and then the van 2 nights and then my tent the last night. 

Roasting hot dogs for dinner.  
These pictures are mostly for my family if they want to steal any. Kaitlyn took a lot. :)



Not a very good picture of cousins playing. 

After dinner we went to check out the beach. Lake Tahoe is gorgeous!! The weather was a wonderful respite from hot Utah. It was upper 70's during the day and upper 40's at night. 
I loved watching all my kids check out the water. It was cold but not too bad. 



Tilly tucked in. 
Lori tucking Sam and Andy in. 
Thursday: Makenna getting buried at the beach. 

I went back to camp to give Talea a nap and while I was sitting and reading a lot of cute animals came by. Here's a picture of a little chipmunk. 
And a beautiful blue jay on the picnic bench. 
Waaayy out there is Spencer on a paddle board we borrowed from a neighbor on the beach while they were taking a snack break. :) 
He was a natural.

Madalyn was really good too. 
I took Kaitlyn out. 

Starting to stand up. I really didn't want to fall in and get wet. :)  
Lori 
Friday we went for a nature hike with a guide and it turned out really fun. 
Tilly was so cute playing in the dirt and pine needles. 
Walking across a bridge where the dam was. 
Fallen Leaf Lake. I think I liked it better than Tahoe actually. It was so serene and beautiful. 



Shane and Makenna, 6 and 7 years old. 
The whole hiking crew. Never did get a picture of all the family who came camping. 

Kait pushing Caleb in the stroller while we made dinner. 
Trish, Makenna, and Lori enjoying their tacos! 



My mom and Talea. 


Saturday: Another blue jay while it was quiet while Talea napped.


Sunday: Driving home. We were an hour ahead of Brady and he said to send us a picture of the "Football tree." 

No comments: