Week by week

Week by week

Sunday, September 8, 2019

Week ending 9-8-19

We had a very busy week with lots of running back and forth to the school. Madalyn spent the week in Spanish Fork so she wasn't here to help me but I managed. :) I'm just glad I don't have a newborn and I can't wait for Spencer to get his license in 1 month!
Here's the jist of our week:
  • Monday we moved Kylie into her apartment at BYU (Lexi, Kait, Kenna, Tilly and I. Spence and Tom stayed home with Sam and Andy.)
  • Spencer invited a girl, Aby (pronounced "Abby", short for Abyanna) to homecoming and she invited him to hers.
  • Spencer got a lead in the school musical, "42nd Street."
  • Nature school was beautiful, relaxing, and fun.
  • The weather was hot (90's) but cool weather (70's-80's) coming this week!
  • Friday night we went to Pres. Nelson's birthday party and Kylie, Emma and Aby came too.

I sat in the very back surrounded by Kylie's stuff. :) 
Kylie drove and had some last Lexi time. The 3 little girls sat in the middle row. 

I'm so mad at myself for not taking any pictures of moving Kylie in. It was a lot of fun, a lot more easy-going than last year when I took everyone including a baby who couldn't walk. This year I only took 5. She loves her new roommates and looks forward to a great semester before going on her mission. (She's expecting her mission call this week!!)
Anyway, this is her room when we got home. Her side was completely emptied and looked so lonely. I miss her already. Next week Madalyn will leave for BYU-I and then it will definitely look lonely and empty. I love my older girls.  
Madalyn stuff piling up in anticipation of a new home. 
Tuesday: Sketching at nature school. I love to sit and take in the sights, sounds, smells and energy of whatever place we choose to stop at. I feel so rejuvenated and begin sketching the moment right away.
The little boys found a log to play on. 
These two were so cute playing a rock game and chatting. I took a video but it may be too long to post. 
Kaitlyn sketching.  
The kids discovered the rocks could draw so that was fun. 
 

Climbing up the rock mountainside.
Thomas took this of us eating lunch. 

Thomas zapped by stinging nettle. We all got some stings and learned a lot about the plant after looking it up. 


This was so picturesque I sat and sketched it. I'm a terrible artist but it's been fun practicing with the little kids who think I'm good. :) 
Our base camp today. 

So many pretty wildflowers. 



We stopped and picked up Spencer and Alexis from school at 1 and they thought Talea looked cute holding her flowers as she slept.  
Later that night when Alexis went to bed she found Talea like this. 
Wednesday: "Here Mommy!" Talea is my best little helper. She actually reminds me of Kylie who was also a great helper, always on top of it toddler. It's great to have one on each end and a few in the middle. :) 
That night we went to a meeting for the musical and these girls were showing us the types of costumes Alexis needs to buy/find. It's set in 1933. I took this to help us remember. 
Thursday: The 6 little kids eating lunch while Spencer and Alexis were at school. I sat at the big picnic table all by myself. :) 

The love of taking pictures of our food continues... :)
This is Kaitlyn's. 
Alexis's 
Makenna's 
Friday: Makenna's first time in the conference center! And Emma's too. It was a wonderful concert. Happy Birthday to President Nelson tomorrow!! 


We got home at 10:30 and the 3 little kids were still up so we had popcorn and treats and goofed off till midnight. :) 
I loved watching these 4 hang out and have fun together. Gradually we went to bed and Madalyn and Kylie stayed up till 2am talking. 

Talea was hanging all over me, hugging, snuggling, playing with my hair and just being adorable. I set her on the counter to snap a picture of the moment. 
Today: Primary program practice! 
I love how she copies the other kids and plays whatever they're playing. When they sang "Scripture Power" she ran and got some little scriptures and raised them too at the appropriate times. 
Singing "Scripture Power." 
Snack time after that long practice. :)

No comments: