Week by week

Week by week

Sunday, March 29, 2020

Week ending 3-29-20

This was a great week just like last week. I love having no scheduled activities and plenty of relaxing time at home. We're still fasting and praying that this Corona virus goes away and doesn't affect too many people and that the economy doesn't get too bad, but in the meantime I'm loving having everyone home. Last Sunday afternoon Kylie's mission president wrote that the missionaries were now quarantined but everyone was well and happy. Then that night he wrote that they were being sent home. Monday I got the itinerary. Kylie would be leaving that night and arriving Tuesday at 2:20pm. I couldn't believe it. I'd had a premonition that she was going to be coming home on Tuesday but when it was real I was really sad for her and mad at this whole virus thing. She should be out teaching people and fulfilling her missionary dream. Hopefully she gets reassigned soon but she's desperately praying she'll get to go back to Santos by the fall.
Last Sunday: Everyone happily playing. I love looking up and seeing all my children hanging out, getting along, and content in their activities. 
Monday: Doing school with 2 kids we were watching. 
Tuesday: Kylie's second leg was cancelled and she was able to get an earlier flight but had no way to tell us so she waited at the airport for an hour before we came and got her (she finally found a phone and called us.) We weren't allowed out of our car so Kylie hopped in and everyone was so excited to see her. 

 
She looked so tired from not sleeping in 2 nights but was so good natured about it. I would have been a wreck. It was awesome to have her back with us but so sad that she had to leave her mission and all the people she loved. 
The little kids always flock to her, want her to tuck them in, hang on her, and love to show her their drawings. She's the best big sister. 
We kept planning to leave Kylie alone to unpack and settle in but ended up standing at her door and talking for much of the day. 
Spencer got his ACT score! It's a 29. That's good for our family because we're terrible test takers, don't study, and hope to get into colleges with other talents, haha.
Alexis made Kylie 3 layer brownies, her favorite. Funny that just last week Kylie was sad she wouldn't be having them for 16 months and suddenly she's home eating them. Who would have thought? 
Wednesday: Every day I brought the school sack lunches home and loved seeing all 10 kids happily eating. Sometimes I couldn't even participate in the conversation I was just so happy to have everyone home despite the terrible circumstances. 
Kylie distributing different Brazilian candy she brought home. 

Working on vision boards with Kaitlyn and Makenna, another highlight of my week.  
Thursday: After lunch Spencer declared a game day and all the kids played games for the afternoon. Again, it makes my heart so happy to have all my kids home without all the distractions of friends and activities. Reminds me of old times in NC where we stayed home all the time. 
Friday: I took the 5 little kids to see Nathan's office which his parents and siblings redecorated for him. It looks fantastic! 


 
The blood pressure cuff is a favorite toy. :) 

Talea and Makenna playing princessess. 

It's the best thing ever having a missionary in your home, playing beautiful missionary songs on the piano. I didn't want the afternoon to end as she brought a wonderful spirit into our home and everything was so serene. 
More vision board fun. I love talking about our goals and desires for our life. 
I also loved hanging out with my older girls each night. We all just wrote in our journals and read our scriptures but it's also a moment I never want to end, that's why I take pictures of it.   
Sunday: Using a scrunchi a friend brought back from Mexico.

No comments: