Week by week

Week by week

Sunday, May 17, 2020

Week ending 5-17-20

Last Sunday: Mother's Day. In the afternoon we had a fondue party while the little boys were at Nathan's. 


I loved looking at my pots of lettuce and onions. I'l have to take a better picture another time. 
Right before making the scheduled zoom call to my mom with my siblings Talea got dirty so I put her in the bath. I meant to assign someone to watch her while I ran downstairs to start the call. In the middle of talking I suddenly remembered Talea in the bath and ran upstairs to find the tub full of water and spilling onto the floor. She was sitting there innocently washing her hair.
Monday: Three almost three year-olds playing with their dolls.
Wednesday: I know I post too many dinner pictures but there's just an awesome feeling seeing all 10 of your children crowded around a table happily eating. I wish I could freeze time and have them all home at these ages forever. Kylie only has a few weeks left until she goes back on her mission and when activities open up again the other kids will be busy again too. I have been loving these quarantined months. 


The girls spent a lot of Wednesday planning their all day tea party for Thursday. They spent 2 hours at the store buying stuff for it (and my birthday presents) and then spent the evening making and frosting their cupcakes for it. 
Meanwhile I planned my all day hike for Thursday. My sweet brother and his wife gave me this for Christmas with instructions to use in May. Thursday was the best day we could find so the 6 girls had a tea party and the 4 boys rode bikes at the park, ate lunch, and then had a nintendo party in the afternoon.
I got to Park City at 8am and packed my snacks and rode my bike into town, around town, and back out towards I-80 then turned around and rode back to my car. It was a really fun, beautiful 2 hours. 
Part of the bike trail going into town. 

I thought the kids would like seeing the beaver dam even though I could never find a beaver. 
I did see this little groundhog by a historic farm. 

Then I saw 7 elk! 
You can't really see them running in this picture but I loved how green and serene the landscape looked with elk running across. 
While I was biking Kaitlyn sent me pictures showing them getting the food and table ready for the party. She was so excited. 

I stopped by the stream to eat my snack and look at her pictures and text her. I sent her this one to show her I'm having a great time. 
On my way back the elk were there looking at me again. 

When I got back to my car Kaitlyn sent me pictures of the girls doing their hair, nails, and makeup.
I loved seeing them use my bathroom and bedroom because it's so big and uncluttered and a great place away from everyone to get out all their stuff and have a girl party. 



Makenna 

Talea 
Kylie sent me this one. 




Meanwhile I ate my cold soup lunch in the warm car and wasted an hour hiking around looking for the trailhead I wanted only to find it was covered in snow and mud. So I drove to Park City Resort and hiked the trails there for 4 hours. 
I love all the little squirrels and burrows. 
This was a huge pile of snow and super steep looking over it. 

Looking up the hill at the other huge piles of snow. They look tiny in the pictures but they were 20' tall. 

After an hour of hiking I sat here in a perfect little hideout to eat my snack and look at the pictures Kaitlyn was sending. 

My favorite tree right now with the piles of pine cone crumbles at the bottom and a cute squirrel in the branches. 
Here are the pictures Kait was sending. 


I finished my 4 hours of hiking and said goodbye to the fun mountain that was prettier than I thought. I actually really enjoyed it and there were more trees that it looked like. 
Next I went to a beautiful rotary park where I ate my chicken salad dinner with crackers and a salad and apples. I sat and sketched for awhile, worked on geography lesson plans for next year, and explored the stream until I got too cold. 



Meanwhile at home Kylie was feeding the kids baked potatoes with chili and broccoli and sent me this picture. 
I hopped back on my bike for another 1.5 hours of bike riding around the beautiful neighborhoods there. I took a few pictures of the houses for the girls to see. 
This one was huge! 
This one had beautiful white swans. 
This one had a little farm with a lot of open space. 
This whole street had driveways built over the rushing creek. 
The creek goes next to and underneath the house here. It was so cool. I've never seen anything like it. To build houses so close to the creek. It was pretty loud but beautiful. The air was cooling off quickly which reminded me of camping. People had their wood stoves burning and were out strolling in their sweatshirts. I was having so much fun I didn't want to leave. It was the best day and I'm so glad Brady thought to give that gift to me and my children were supportive of me going. They had a great time too. I never get a whole day off like that and still keep wishing I could go back. I've always wanted to hike or bike all day and now I finally got to! It still wasn't enough because I wasn't a bit sore. Next time I want to go for 2 days. :)

Friday: Our landlords had Home Depot deliver a new fridge to us as the old one was making loud noises. 



For lunch I took the little kids to eat at the middle school so that Spencer could take his AP exam in a quiet house. 
The little kids enjoyed riding their bikes down the steep hill. 

A random picture of Talea being cute. 
Nine kids were home that night and they ate every bite of the chicken enchilada casserole.
Saturday: My birthday!! After lunch I took Kait and Kenna for a bike ride and had a great time. 
They such sweet, obedient, beautiful little girls. They offer to babysit so I can go walking or shower, get along great with everyone, and are a delight to hang out with. I'm so blessed by all my children. 
Opening presents. 
Reading a card Makenna made for me. 

A present where each child wrote a sweet tag for me.
I got some dish cloths, chip clips, salt shaker, and tiny trashcan for my bathroom. 
I made taquitos, popcorn, fruits and veggies and had a movie party with my favorite children. :)
We watched an old Duggar episode and had a great afternoon. 
I made some brownies with cookie bars on top. It turned out good but even with whole wheat flour and other healthy ingredients it was too rich for me. I rarely eat treats anymore. The kids loved it though. 
I loved the view of my 10 precious children singing to me. 
 
 
Tilly wanting her picture taken before bedtime. 
Today: Eating my leftover treats and chatting as best friend sisters. I'm so sad Kylie only has 2.5 weeks left. Time slow down!! I sat in my chair on the deck writing in my journal and watching them so grateful for each of them.

No comments: