Week by week

Week by week

Sunday, May 3, 2020

Week ending 5-3-20

We had a pretty good week and enjoyed the nice spring weather.
Last Sunday: Popcorn and cookie dough party. Finding something to do with the 3 older girls at their aunt's house. We took this to show them what they're missing out on. :) 
Monday: Kylie and Alexis came home from Aunt Sara's. We had foil dinners in the fire pit for dinner and had a great evening. 
Spencer's turned out perfect and looked delicious. 




Tuesday: Playing doctor 
Alexis got a new princess/tea party dress. I got her one for Christmas but she didn't like it (I didn't either but couldn't find anything better) so Aunt Kira found her this one. 
Makenna engrossed in writing music. 

Our yard was so dead and ugly. The landlords finally got the sprinklers turned on.
Pulling out the dandelions and doing yard work.
Here are the "after" pictures--taken on Saturday after the sprinklers had been on for a few days. 
   
Swimsuits out for the first time! 
Playing with the hose on the trampoline.  
My SIL broke her wrist and pelvis on Wednesday in a scary fall from scaffolding. I know these pictures don't have to do with our family but since it's a scrapbook for us I'm putting them here so my kids can find them. Pictures left on my phone get lost or deleted. 

Thursday: Day 2 of yard work. Everyone worked hard without complaining and we had a fun time. 

Alexis planted a bunch of iris' and grape hyacinths I got from a relative. 


Kylie enjoying reading after the work was done.  
We had a movie party for dinner and I enjoyed watching Tilly play in the sandbox by herself while I watched the movie. The window was open and I could hear her singing and talking. 
 
Sam and Andy slept on the trampoline for the first time this season. 

Friday: While helping Kaitlyn with L.A. I asked Thomas to take Tilly for a walk and I'd meet them. When I rounded the corner and saw them coming they were such a pretty sight: big brother with his little sister. Talea acted like she hadn't seen me in days the way she called and rode her bike as fast as she could to me. 
Friday: We had a picnic at the duck pond/ tree garden park. 
It was nice to go somewhere and we had a lot of fun. 

There were lots of baby ducks. 

I loved watching Kylie and Alexis ride scooters on the trails through the trees. 
I love this tree with its baby pine cones. 



The kids followed the baby ducks in and out of the pond.  
We also watched the squirrels go up and down the trees. We want a country house so badly with squirrels and ducks. It almost hurt to be there but it's also good for us.  Surround yourself with things you want and one day they'll come to you.

Afterward Andy crashed on the stairs. :) 
Saturday: Andy cheerfully cleaning all the toilets. :) 
 
I heard commotion outside so I ran out to see what the excitement was. All 10 kids were trying to take as many pictures as they could in 10 minutes. Some videos Kylie watched of dancers doing that so they wanted to try it out. They took a lot of pictures on the monkey bars, trampoline, and doing tricks on the grass. 


No comments: