Week by week

Week by week

Sunday, July 12, 2020

Week ending 7-12-20

We had a great week! Nothing special happened, just a nice relaxing summer week with no plans. Every morning we ate breakfast at 8 then did chores and prepped for school next fall. For geography everyone is taking turns teaching us a country so they are busy making presentations and planning the food, art, and music activities to go with it. After lunch they're free to play with neighbors and I man the fort and work on lesson plans. This week everyone cooperated and we didn't have places to go so we got a lot done. School starts in 3 weeks.
Monday: Love seeing my big boy read to my little boys. 

Andy acting out Korihor, begging Alma to give him his voice back. Then he went around the room begging for food and I totally surprised him by running over him when he wasn't looking. He's like, "Hey! Whatya do that for?!" I said, "You got run over." He's like, "Wait, did that really happen?" It was so funny. I love acting out the stories with my kids. CFM has been great. 
Tuesday: Talea putting on a nursery rhyme CD I got when Kylie was born and dancing. 
Every day she wanted me to dance with her. 
I forgot to post that Makenna finally lost her first tooth!!! She was at her cousin's house so I missed it! It wasn't even that loose when she went down there; I thought it had a few more weeks. But she pulled it out (my kids love to pull out their teeth at Aunt Kira's because she makes it so fun) and is now busy wiggling the second one. She will be 8.5 in August. She was last to get her first baby tooth (13 months) and last to pull out her first tooth. 

Thursday: Talea wanted me to take this and send it to great-grandma Vorwaller who gave her this birthday card. 
Then she took a picture of me reading the card to her. 
Friday: I came in from a walk and found the girls having a little girl party. 
Saturday: Alexis starting on her birthday cake. 
The boys on an airplane. 
I went on a hike but when the trail looked like this I gave up and found a different hike. I didn't want to rock climb, I wanted to hike. 
I took this to show the kids so we can go back for nature school sometime. 
Two deer that followed me around. 
Today: We got home from church 5 minutes before Alexis (she stayed after and had a patriarchal blessing interview) and quickly made a "Happy Birthday, Alexis!" sign. But didn't have time to hang it up before she walked in so the girls held it instead.  
First Sunday back to church. I thought it would be weird wearing masks and all the precautions but I actually loved it. We have the best ward family and I've missed them. 
We had scrambled eggs, sausage, fruit salad and coffee cake for Lexi's birthday lunch. 

We watched some BYUtv in the afternoon and then had tacos for dinner. I think the kids ate a total of 37 tacos. And that was just 8 kids. Kylie isn't here and Talea had toast instead. 
Andy gave her a lego car and an instruction book he made himself of how to make it.
The other kids made her junk toys with the 3D pen and they all looked like flat bananas. It became a joke that every present was a banana. 
A friend from church brought over party hats and glasses which we all had fun with. 
  


  I gave her a dishwand because Nathan broke ours when he came over when we were in Boise and all the stores are out. I found one online and since she does a lot of dishes, gave it to her as a joke present.


The only real presents she got was the temple picture and dishwand. The others were stuff we already had, or toys the kids made. I did get her 2 other great presents but they didn't come yet.


 Alexis made a delicious strawberry cake that was time consuming and exacting but she did a great job!

No comments: