Week by week

Week by week

Sunday, November 1, 2020

Week ending 11-1-20

I love seeing kids happily doing school each morning. I could take a picture of them everyday and I would never tire of seeing my kiddos learning at the kitchen table.
At 10 we left for the DMV where Alexis finally got her permit! She turned 15 in July, studied till August and then went to make the appointment and Oct. 26 was the first day they had available! So it's been a long wait. But hooray for one more upcoming driver!
Driving home! She didn't drive on the freeway but she drove through the neighborhoods and did really well.
I loved Andy sitting at the feet of his buddy, intently listening and soaking in the whole 1 hour oboe lesson.
While on a walk I saw this house that had left the sprinklers on overnight. I was talking to my mom on the phone so I couldn't see if the pictures turned out. It looked way neater than this!


Tuesday: First violin and piano recital for Alexis, Kaitlyn, and Makenna.
Their teacher, Becca, is Madalyn's age and she's standing next to Alexis, holding her little sister who is almost 7. The girls dressed up as people going to the ball.
Makenna scratched her back jumping off a shelf in her closet.
Wednesday: Another fun school day! I told you I could take one everyday.
Alexis took these and loved the way Tilly was resting her chin on her workbook.

Talea wouldn't let me go for a walk so I offered to take pictures of her and got Kaitlyn to rake leaves with her.


Samuels' 7th birthday! He had pizza and made a pirate ship cake.
He found this in a cake book from the library.
Lighting his own candles, a highlight of the child's birthday.
I didn't get any pictures of his presents but he got Legos and a Mickey Mouse pen. He's an easy kid to please and was happy all day just hanging out.
Thursday: Talking to Kylie. She was so beautiful so I had to take a couple of screenshots. I miss her a lot. She is an awesome missionary and her companion is so lucky to be with her. And the people she's teaching are lucky too.

Climbing over the wall to go to the neighborhood costume parade.
Off to the ball!
The kids dressed up as people going to a ball. Thomas didn't want to and was an old grandpa.
I just took all these pictures for our own memory of our friends and their houses when we don't live in this neighborhood anymore. The parade started in front of the Pickleseimers and went up the street and back down and ended with donuts at the Nelsons.










Kaitlyn's hair.
Makenna's hair.
After the kids were in bed all the mom's met for caramel apple making. I haven't gotten together with RS friends w/o our kids since COVID so it was so much fun. Women really need each other and I didn't realize how much I've missed RS activities until this night. Again, I just took these to remember my friends after we move.


Saturday: Last shot of the pumpkins before we all grabbed one to carve and put our dinner in.



The pumpkins are ready but their hair is not. :)
Tom and Tilly were being really silly.
I absolutely love big brothers playing with little sisters.
Samuel's pumpkin.

Tilly eating her dinner in a pumpkin.


Taking pictures while waiting for everyone to come out.


Most houses had a table with candy spread out on it.


This was the coolest house by far. It had projected jack-o-lanterns that sang and told stories.
And other shadows moving in the windows.
Standing around checking it out.
There was this long tube where a girl put a handful of candy down.
Samuel catches some.
Another house had glow-in-the-dark skittles hanging from a tree.
A table of goody bags.
This one had treats hanging along rope lights.


Dumping out the candy.
Alexis' pretty ball gown (tea party dress)

1 comment:

Lori Hofmann said...

Wow those are creative houses! I went with Brady's family and most of their houses were just trick or treating as usual.