Week by week

Week by week

Sunday, December 6, 2020

Week ending 12-6-20

 My mom was here till Wednesday and then flew home, so that was sad, but we'd had a great 2 weeks with her and now we're excited for Christmas.

Last Sunday: My mom's 69th birthday! We had a delicious lasagna lunch after church.
The birthday girl with 2 granddaughters sitting next to her who adore her.
Family picture with my mom.
We tried one with Madalyn's fancy camera and the quality is better but it's a tad blurry.
Then Kaitlyn wanted to try out Maddy's camera so she went around taking pictures and practicing on focusing. It reminded me that I still haven't gotten her and Makenna a camera for their photography class.



This is the last on Maddy's camera. 
Then Kait got my phone, took a few selfies and one of her doll and I took the rest.


Kaitlyn crocheted this dress for Makenna's doll.
Watching Mama open her presents.
We got her a huge Hershey bar. :) And a flashlight she's wanted for a long time.
I loved watching Trish watch Mama open presents on facetime so I screenshot her.
Samuel and I made Mama peanut butter cups.



Tilly with an ice cream cone with a marshmallow and p.b. cup on top.
Monday: Samuel and Makenna crocheting.
I went out to lunch with Mom's high school friend and we walked around a historic farm. 
I took this to show the kids. It was pretty cool.
Madalyn was texting me to help her with something and I took this and said, "Tell Alexis to stop eating all the cheese and help me roll up taquitos." :)
Tuesday: Mom and I went on a walk in a mansion neighborhood. This one was for sale for $14 million dollars. That's Utah for you.
Makenna loosening her tooth with a piece of stringy celery.
Making pillowcases with Mama.
Makenna pulled out her top tooth! I was videoing on marco polo for our family so it's a good video but Alexis videoed this on her phone from the side and it's not as good. Makenna was up in bed and came downstairs and said she guesses she wants to pull her tooth out tonight. So we grabbed our cameras and she pulled it out before we were even ready! I love top teeth out. It's my favorite look.
Wednesday: Kait and Kenna are taking a self-taught photography class. Having Madalyn here with her fancy camera reminded me to get the girls one so I finally ordered one with our school funds (now that we're almost half way done with the school year. :))

We rearranged the playroom again and it looked great this morning before the kids got train tracks and toys out. The futon on the end is to keep the draft from coming in through the fireplace.
Someone gave us an old mattress and frame so Sam and Andy will finally have a bed for the first time ever even though they'll still have to share. So far Talea is excited about the change that she wants to sleep in it. :) She doesn't have a bed either but usually sleeps with one of the girls, so it works.
We moved Kait's and Kenna's desks down here since we don't do much school between Thanksgiving and Christmas and so that we have room for the Christmas tree upstairs.
Thursday: Kait and Kenna doing karaoke Christmas songs on the computer and with the ukulele.
Friday: I was cutting the 4 boys' hair when Makenna jumped in line. :)

So cute! Can't wait till she pulls her other tooth out!
Saturday: Kait, Kenna and Lydia being silly and stuffing their faces with spinach.

Then they helped me stamp and address Christmas cards.
Getting our Christmas tree! Spencer came too but then wanted to be dropped off at his girlfriend's house so we decorated without him.



No comments: