Week by week

Week by week

Sunday, November 7, 2021

Week ending 11-7-21 Lots of outside work, play, and fall colors

A great week. School until 2pm every day, outside time until 5, dinner, then a couple of nights rehearsals in town and the other nights we snuggled and read by the fire. 

Monday: Going to the tool shed to get my yard tools, I love looking down the driveway. It's so pretty to me.
Yay! Our first flowering azalea.
Playing with blocks at the library while waiting for Alexis to be done with rehearsal.
Tuesday: After dropping my mom off at the airport we went to a park in Winston Salem. I just love fall here and can't stop looking at all the beautiful trees everywhere.
Samuel sticking his hand in the dinosaur's mouth.
Makenna and Talea
Kaitlyn standing on the dinosaur's nose.
Tilly wanting her picture on these blue stepping leaves.

Stopping at our favorite view on our road across from our driveway.

That's the Blue Ridge Parkway up there.

Thomas and Andy making a stage in the woods.

This is back stage.
We hauled 2 loads of wood out of the SW woods.
Wednesday: I love going out to work after school and seeing my 14 year-old son happily swinging from a tree.

And these 3 playing a game together.
And Talea playing in a teepee her Sunbeam teacher gave her.
And Kaitlyn reading a history diary. It makes my heart so happy and everything feels right in the world when all the kids are running around playing and feeling free. (Every day after school no electronics are allowed and we go outside to play or work until dinner at 5pm.) Still can't believe we're here and have 36 acres. I've waited so long to have property like this.
Talea helped me transplant a dozen garlic bulbs and then she wanted her picture taken on her "Srone."
After working a couple hours outside we came in to a house warmed by a wood burning stove with meat pie cooking in the oven. It smelled delicious! And felt like fall. After eating and sending Alexis and Thomas to YW/YM the little kids watched pbs in the teepee by the fire in the cozy sunroom.

Thursday: I love the view out our kitchen window.
Talea and Makenna wore matching overalls and braids and played dolls in the teepee all the cold afternoon in front of the fire. It was our first cold day where we woke up to a frost (30 degrees) and only got up to 50.

I love being able to see the fire through the glass.

Pushing Kaitlyn really high on the spiderweb swing.

Then Talea and Makenna came out and I pushed them. They were so cute I had to take pictures.
The two dead trees always ruin pictures I'm taking of kids on the swings so I finally bought a ladder and chopped them down on Saturday.


My favorite pasttime: cutting wood. It's sooo much fun. Especially in this fall weather with leaves crunching underfoot.

Friday: Hard to see but there was a pile in the wheelbarrow, one by the boys, and two more just in the woods. I love seeing 4 piles of wood I just cut and ready to be stacked.
A few more piles of wood. We made 3 trips with the lawn mower and 1 with the wheelbarrow.




Trying to pull this vine out of the tree.

We couldn't get it but made it into a swing instead.
Thomas pushed Talea on it.


We started our 4th row of wood on the right side. We're not great stackers, the wood isn't the same as when I grew up, but we'll learn.
I bought a ladder and was super excited to finally take down this old dead apple tree that is an eyesore. Saturday after lunch I got at it.
All gone.
I cut this part and Andy got to push it over.
Now it makes a great hollow stump for keeping Thomas's tools he takes into the woods for his fort. So he may not want me to cut it any shorter. At least not until he gets bored of playing with it.

Tilly jumping while I work. :)
Taco salad dinner while watching the football game.
For some reason these 3 thought it would be fun to do wall sits for a full 12 minutes during dinner.
After dinner I ran out to cut another dead tree down. It was so much fun! I had no idea I'd love cutting wood this much but I absolutely love it. It's so satisfying to get rid of an eyesore and help fill up the wood pile to heat your house to keep your babies warm all winter.
All gone! Monday we'll finish cutting the wood and burning the branches and twigs. It will look much better without a dead tree there.

No comments: