Week by week

Week by week

Sunday, November 21, 2021

Week ending 11-21-21 Trip to Iowa for Thanksgiving

 We left for my brother's house in Iowa on Thursday morning so we spent Monday through Wednesday packing, cleaning, mowing, and getting ready. I didn't take many pictures.

Last picture of the beautiful maple tree. It is fiery red and gorgeous but didn't turn out that way in the picture. When we come back after Thanksgiving all the leaves will probably be gone.
Wednesday: I texted my family, "I'm not sure if we're going to be able to go to Brady's for Thanksgiving. It may be too hard to leave this weather." And I sent the above picture. At first they thought I was serious. :) This is the weather in Iowa we'd be going to:

Thursday: We left at 7:30am and went the southern route through the Cumberland Gap. That's the gap in the mountain there. We had just learned about Daniel Boone in history so it was neat to see it and stop at a visitor center. The gap is where Virginia, Kentucky, and Tennessee meet and where there's a natural dip in the mountains that made it easier for the explorers to get to the other side.
The gap up close. There is a long tunnel there that the kids loved driving through. Alexis could hold her breath through the whole thing!
Gas station and exercise break. The kids doing jumping jacks in the cold weather.
Pretty bridge in Louisville, KY.
We stayed in West Lafayette, IN with new friends. They fed us a delicious potato soup dinner and my 5 oldest went to church activities with their 5 oldest. They also have 7 kids the same ages as the 7 I had with me.
Everyone dishing up. I loved their kitchen and decorating. I need to get some tips from them for our new house.

The basement was really fun.
The girls loved the reading nook and Makenna slept there while Kaitlyn slept on the trampoline.

Five kids slept in the theater room.


Friday: The 3 little girls reading in the morning.
First time we've ever seen a Great Lake! I was so excited.





We went out on this thing called a riverwalk even though it's not a river.

Walking back to shore on the riverwalk. The waves kept crashing onto it and sometimes got us wet. Not cool when it's 37 degrees outside! But kinda fun to try to avoid getting splashed.
From the shore looking out at Makenna running to us as the last one off.
Driving through Chicago, the 3rd largest city in the US.
A cool street that goes under the train bridge.

Saturday: I played at the park with Tilly and watched Brady and the kids put lights on his house. He puts lots of lights up and the kids enjoyed helping. 

Spencer flew into Omaha and Lori who lives 1.5 hours away picked him up and bought him to Brady's. We haven't seen him in 5 months so it was exciting to see him again.

Nieces and nephews dogpile Aunt Lori.
The 3 little girls playing with cousin Paige in their basement.
Mama and I did a puzzle with Caleb. He's adorable.
Mama reading to Tilly and Caleb.
Today: Scones and Navajo tacos for Sunday supper. So fun to be together with family. I hate living so far away from them but really couldn't afford anything close to them and didn't like the states my siblings live in. Maybe one day they'll move by me. :) Can't wait for my brother Ben and his family to come as well as Kylie and Madalyn. It's going to be an awesome Thanksgiving!

Caleb and Tilly playing together.

No comments: