Week by week

Week by week

Sunday, December 12, 2021

Week ending 12-12-21

We had a very easy week. School during the day and rehearsals every night. Alexis took them so I enjoyed one-on-one time with Talea and a quiet house. Saturday we had Christmas parties.
Sunday: Coloring while waiting for stake conference to start. We haven't had one in person in almost 2 years!

The girls having their dolls do a primary program. They are excellent at writing parts and I hope someday they work for the church in developing curriculum or something.
The stroller was the podium.
Alexis wants to go to college next fall so this will be her last primary program. :)
Monday: The blueberries are still firey red and I love looking at them and the trees beyond. I thought it would be ugly here in the winter but I'm still finding so much beauty.
Tuesday: Doing the Christmas card assembly line.
We drew names for Christmas. Each year the buddy teams buy for each other. So this year Kylie and Kaitlyn buy for Madalyn and Makenna. Like that. They love shopping with their buddies for another buddy team.
Wednesday: We went to the bookmobile and Talea wanted her picture with it all dressed up.
And she wanted a picture of her at the park where we were using the built in bike pump to inflate tires.
In the afternoon Thomas, Andy and I hauled wood on blueberry hill. We goofed off a lot, sword fighting with sticks, moving rocks, jumping off stumps, and hanging out far from the house. I love not being in a hurry and having fun with my boys. We kicked one huge rotted log down the hill because it was too heavy to lift.  Andy was so cute laughing and chasing it as it rolled away.
Thursday: The kids going for a joy ride. Thomas drove and some kids rode inside and two on the top. I don't exactly approve but I do love watching them have a great time together.

I went to Sam's Club while they were at rehearsal Thursday night and got everything Spencer needs to have nachos here over Christmas. It's his one request so I thought I'd better have it! We've been needing a new microwave since we moved in b/c the one that came with the house can't even fit a dinner size plate. When I saw this one for only $80 I grabbed it. It can fit a casserole pan and will be great to have 2 microwaves while all 10 kids are home reheating leftovers. We'll use this as our main microwave and the smaller one as an extra in the pantry.
Friday: Talea fell on the steps to the playroom and got a good bruise/rug burn. She took pictures to send to Aunt Lori.


The family we stayed with in Indiana has been buying us Christmas presents so every day we get a bunch of packages. Scott, our UPS driver backs up and calls the kids for assembly line. He loves what this family is doing for us and I can't get over how sweet they are when they hardly know us. These pictures are from different days but I thought I'd group them together.


Saturday: Ward Christmas breakfast.
After the breakfast I took the kids home and went back for the single adults Christmas lunch. Sam and Andy wanted to come with me and the older singles loved them! Here we're playing a game where you have to draw a snowman on top of your head.
Everyone looked so funny with plates on their heads but they pulled them down as soon as I took the picture.
Then we played a game where if you roll doubles you unwrap a big roll of cellophane with candy in it.
Andy's turn to unwrap while the lady to his right is rolling the dice.
Then we played a game where everyone had a present and we rolled a die to see what to do with the present. Sometimes we passed to the left or right or switched with someone or got to unwrap it. It was really fun.
It was a beautiful foggy day so I ran out to take pictures of it.


Haircut for Makenna. I took a before picture but it's not on my camera so I guess it didn't take.
Alexis's hair cut. I forgot to take an after. Then she cut my hair.

No comments: