Week by week

Week by week

Friday, December 3, 2021

Week ending 11-28-21 Thanksgiving in Iowa, Samuel's baptism, Mama's 70th

 We had an awesome week at Brady's. Probably my best Thanksgiving ever due to the fact I've been lonely in our new town so I was really looking forward to getting to see my family and hang out with people who knew me. It was also nice not to have the stress/work of hosting and not having babies/toddlers/pregnancy. All in all it was a very relaxing Thanksgiving and I tried to savor every moment and prayed the week would last a long time so I could fill up on family love.

Sunday: Playing board games.
Brady and I had a friendly competition of who could make the best popcorn. He made his on the stove with oil and added fake buttery topping. I used organic kernels and air popped them and put organic grass-fed butter on it. I think I got one more vote than he did but it was really close. Probably because aside from my kids, my family isn't used to pure whole foods and can't tell the difference.
Monday: We drove to Sioux City where Lori lives and she treated us to her college cafeteria breakfast which was really fun.
She showed us around her campus and all the athletic facilities. She's a coach at a small, cute college.

Kids rolling down the hills.
Walking back to the car arm in arm with Aunt Lori.
Thursday: Happy Thanksgiving! I loved walking down to the basement and finding cousins happily engaged in a game. It was also really cute to hear them explain and guess their word.
Playing games upstairs while the parade was on.

Checking the turkey to see if it's done.
Getting hair done and hanging out during the parade.
Uncle Ben pretending his plate was a crown with the little kids. It was so amusing watching him talk to them and interact and see how much fun they were having with him. His youngest is almost 14 and he'll make a good grandpa someday soon.
My brothers Ben and Brady carving the turkey. Madalyn recited her poem as she does every Thanksgiving.

Cousins game of Nertz after eating.
Friday: Lori removes a piece of glass that's been in Ben's foot for a week. He requested Talea sit with him and hold his hand which she did.
We cooked up a bunch of frozen pizzas and had a fun pizza dinner.
Lori took this of Kaitlyn hanging off her beanbag.
Saturday: Samuel's baptism day! He wanted his two front teeth out like Kylie had at her baptism and remembered Friday night so while lying in bed he quickly yanked out one of them. The other will have to wait.



Uncle Brady confirmed him.
All the family here to support him. There were 22 of us (my family was exactly half:)) here traveling from 5 states to be here for Thanksgiving and the baptism and Mama's 70th birthday.


The whole family (minus 2 sisters and 3 nephews) taken by Brady's bishop who presided.
Someone wanted a picture of me and Paige wearing matching dresses.

Ben's family minus his 2 boys who are in California on a mission and in the marines.
I love having all 10 kids together!
Janet took this of Samuel and Toad. I can tell because the camera is much nicer. :)
Brady and Tami's family with a baby girl due Jan 10.
Lori and Samuel.
Samuel sticking his taquito in his gap.
Watching the Michigan game and eating party foods after the baptism.
And Michigan won! After 11 years of losing to Ohio State. Lori was so happy.
Another cousins game of nertz.
Trying to get a good Christmas card photo. They ended up being taken in live mode and when transferred to a still photo cut off people and were a bit blurry but oh well. We tried.




Mama's birthday was Monday but we'd all be gone so we celebrated on Saturday night. Here she opens her presents. We gave her a log carrier to carry wood in with.

Mama hugs!
All her grandchildren but the 3 oldest boys who couldn't come.
Kaitlyn is almost as tall as me!
Singing around the piano.
Tami's friend gave her some nail stickers and she shared them with all the girls.
Sunday morning: Ben's family leaves with Kylie and Madalyn. So hard to say goodbye and I'm so glad they were willing to drive 12 hours to come for only a few days.
After church I took the kids to the goose lake that is partially frozen. It was fun throwing rocks and watching them skip across the ice.



Reading to Caleb and Tilly on our last night here.

No comments: