Week by week

Week by week

Sunday, December 19, 2021

Week ending 12-19-21 Three college kids home, Best Christmas Pageant

 This was a great week getting ready for Christmas and the 3 college kids coming home on Friday. We had great weather and worked outside after school then Tilly and I had a couple of hours to ourselves after dinner while 6 kids were in the last rehearsals for Best Christmas Pageant Ever. We had a great time together.

Last Sunday: Eating lunch with the Browns while waiting for tithing settlement.
Alexis making Christmas fudge. It turned out perfect.
Tuesday: Hauling leaves to the garden. I love working with my children. It brings me so much joy.

I love all these 70 degree days.
We filled each bed with leaves to cover them for the winter.
Kaitlyn was the hardest worker and made trip after trip loading and unloading leaves (and kids.)
Digging up stray garlic and planting them in the designated garlic bed.
Talea and I cut holly and pine branches outside and made cute window decorations.

Alexis's bedroom.
The reading spot window.

The kitchen windows.

The storm Utah was getting. Sandy got almost a foot I heard.
Wednesday: The Elders stopped by so I put them to work seeing if they could unbend a dent Kylie put in it when she was 16. They couldn't but oh well.
Elder Kesler playing with the kids for the last time before being transferred. I love having our own set of missionaries.
Pulling leaves out of the ditch with sticks. Andy flung a bunch over his shoulder and it hit Makenna in this picture.

So glad we have streams to play in.
Playing Chutes and Ladders with Talea while the other 6 kids are at dress rehearsal.
Thursday: Making bunk beds with Tom's bed on top to make room for Madalyn to sleep in the girls' room.
Kinda tight with only 6' ceilings. That's why we haven't put bunk beds up yet.

Goofing off and trying to break all the rules posted up there such as "only one kid at a time," "no horseplay," "always have a guard rail," and "no one under age 6."
A truck we're borrowing so we have seats for everyone. I'm not a truck person but everyone else loves it.
I sent this to Spencer to show him my new truck. :)

The view from blueberry hill while on a walk.
I never posted a picture of the house with lights up so here are a few.
Later when it's a bit darker.



Watching Mickey's Christmas Carol to celebrate getting all the beds ready and house clean for the 3 collge kids to come home.
Friday: The 6 kids had 2 performances for school children so I only had Talea the whole school day. We colored, played dolls, wrapped presents, ate lunch together, planted pansies, and hung out. It was really fun.
That night we had an Appalachian Christmas celebration like we were studying in school and is now part of our own local history. We had southern foods for dinner and I wrapped a present for 3 kids to open together. It was jeans. Not historical but something our friends sent for each child and it was fun to have a present to open early. 

Alexis got a laundry basket and she was so excited. She's been accepted to BYU-I and Southern Virginia University and is getting excited to go to college. She finds out about BYU Provo in February.
Then we strung popcorn and cranberries for a fun old-fashioned craft.
Love being warmer than any of my siblings.

Saturday: Going off to the 3rd of 4 productions.
Kids at pageant rehearsal scene.
Angel choir.


Three of the five shepherds are my boys. The tallest one and shortest two.



(Kylie was roaming the halls looking at the Andy Griffith posters.)
Goofing off. Love having Spencer home. The little boys missed their big brother.


Alexis was a church mom.
Samuel put a wad of paper in his ear.
I got it out pretty quickly but it was really funny. 
Reading party after the little kids were in bed. Thomas and Spencer were having a nacho party. :)
Talea and Madalyn playing princess dolls in front of a warm fire. Love having my big kids home!

No comments: