Week by week

Week by week

Sunday, March 13, 2022

Week ending 3-13-22 Playing outside, doll party

Same ol' week: School, play/work outside in the afternoons, rehearsals a few nights a week. Everyone was cooperative and cheerful so it made for a good week.

Monday: I came to put stuff in the shed and found the little boys having a picnic. Although it wasn't a picnic they informed me. There's a tornado outside and this is their tornado shelter and this is all the food they were able to grab before the storm hit.
We had just watched storm coverage of tornadoes in Iowa where my brother and sister live and they're headed our way so that's why they were playing that. It was super warm and windy all day with dark storm clouds.
I was in and out of the house all afternoon and everytime I came in these girls were doing a different craft. Kaitlyn got a craft book at the bookmobile and proceeded to do 10 of them in 3 days.
Madalyn reading on the porch as the storm rolled in.
Tuesday: I just love seeing big brothers read to their baby sister.

Having a birthday party for Makenna's favorite doll.

Part of the party included a shopping trip where they had cardboard money to buy toys at a store. Makenna made a cute stuffed bird and a cage for it which is what she's buying here.

More festivities. I love working around the house and coming into a room or around the outside of the house and seeing 5 kids playing a fun imaginative game together.
Wednesday: Makenna directing some game with the 3 little kids.

I looked out the sunroom window and saw these 3 sitting in a row down by the southern pasture which is starting to turn green

I love watching kids run through the yard.
Later I saw 5 kids sitting in a row.
Thursday: My favorite part of the week: working outside! We ripped out old wire fencing that was half buried in the dirt and leaves from the barn all the way down ravine into the creek.
See all that pile to the left of the picture? So much old fencing.

We made a big pile of it to take to the metal recycling someday.
Daffodil season!

In front of the trampoline/balance beam/campfire area.
Friday: Practicing for a musical number at a youth fireside. I love hearing my children sing.
Cleaning out the woods again. This time we were moving branches that had fallen onto the rhododendrons and other live trees. 
We don't get a lot done before the kids start playing, but that's ok. Here they pulled out their pocketknives and had fun sawing away at this old crumbly log. Above, Makenna and Talea played a game about dragons. Thomas and I did most of the work but we too found a fun vine to swing across the creek on.
Thomas way up in a tree.
The periwinkle is blooming too.
And when I went to town for rehearsal I saw the prettiest flowering tree. I pulled over so the kids could see it. We'll need to go by not in the dark next week and see it again. I took this to show Kylie who misses the Southern spring.

Tilly asked Madalyn to play dolls with her and then when Kait and Kenna joined in she threw a fit that she wanted just Maddie. So these 3 sat and read and made their own reading party while waiting for Tilly to come out and play.

No comments: