Week by week

Week by week

Sunday, March 6, 2022

Week ending 3-6-22 Hiking, playing outside, drawing, hauling wood

 

Talea wanted her picture taken with her two dolls and a shirt a friend gave us in Utah.
Tilly's been a great helper this week, helping me around the yard and hanging out with me.
Trying to get a close up of the beautiful blueberry buds but my camera isn't so good.
Tuesday: Taking Andy and Tilly on a mommy date hike. We had the trail to ourselves and had a lot of fun.
It was Andy's half birthday. He's 6.5 and Tilly is 4.5. Very important.
Eating our lunch.
We played tug of war with a long stick for awhile. 
It was fun pulling Andy over the line while he laughed hysterically.


We crossed at least a dozen flood trail places where the water ran down the hillside into the stream that paralleled the trail. I tossed Tilly to the other side, pretending she was jumping off a swing.
When we got home the girls were happily involved with art. Andy immediately jumped in.

I decided to jump in too and took pictures and drew these flowers.

After art we all went outside for the afternoon. I love walking by the tramp and seeing these 4 reading outloud, snacking, and talking. They sit there for a couple hours every afternoon. What great memories they're making. I'm so glad we homeschool and Maddie is home with us to have this bonding time.

Walking past the wood shed to get seeds to plant I saw the little boys happily playing with their cars and trucks. Life is so good!
Talea helped me plant carrot and cilantro seeds.
We also planted some romaine heads.
When we came in for dinner I saw the backs and little feet of these guys. Evidently they moved inside and decided to draw. They found a picture of a dragon or something online and drew it.


Wednesday: I took the 5 little kids to the bimonthly bookmobile and park. Here they were playing dragon school as I walked by on the trail.
Afterward we all hung out outside. Tilly sat in the Japanese maple tree while I pruned the plum tree.

Thursday: Having lunch and a half birthday treat for Andy, 2 days late because he couldn't decide what he wanted.
Thomas cleaning a big bird's nest out of the soffit under the attic roof. He stuck his whole arm in and it just kept coming and coming. That nest was huge!
Guess this was my day to treasure my kids at the table. Eating a breakfast casserole, pumpkin muffins (trying to use up our pumpkin we grew last year), and fruit salad for dinner.
Saturday: "When we're helping we're happy."
We had a great day toting 12 loads to the wood pile and having a campfire.



The 4 little kids tending the fire while we ran and got loads of wood from both the front and back woods.
I cut many piles this size all of February. I love cutting and listening to podcasts. I love cleaning up the woods and making them easier to run through without so many fallen trees although there are still a lot! With 36 acres we're never going to run out of fallen trees.
Wood shed getting filled up! You can see the layer of old wood from Tilly's waste down. And all the new oranger wood from her waist up. We filled that whole side plus a few rows perpendicular to it where Kaitlyn is.
Before
After
I thought it was funny that these 6 kids were eating snacks on the ground when there was a table right beside them.
Love family work days! They're my favorite. It was 75 degrees, blue sky, no wind, lots of space to run around, race the lawn mower, sing and dance while loading, sword fighting with sticks, feeling free. No phones, places to go, or interruptions. No problems on our minds. Just working and playing all day and having fun together.
Nothing like a good book after a day of hard work.
The Crocuses probably at their peak.
So fun to see all the spring signs here. We have no idea what to expect or what it'll look like so it's an exciting surprise.

Sunday: The crocuses on a cloudy day without the shadows.

And a little later, starting to close up for the night.

No comments: