Week by week

Week by week

Sunday, April 24, 2022

Week ending 4-24-22 Lori leaves, prom, spring

 

Last Sunday: Hanging out with Aunt Lori while Thomas and Alexis play the cello/piano.
Singing primary songs to Kaitlyn's ukulele.
Monday: I'm so glad to be back where azalea's bloom. I need to plant a bunch more.
The kids making a music video of "My Favorite Things." I was sick and it rained so it was a perfect activity to do with Aunt Lori all day. It turned out great! It's on youtube under "My Favorite Things Holladay Family."
Being sick for 3 days nobody picked the asparagus. It got so tall!
Reading with Aunt Lori.
The view out the playroom window.
Tuesday: Lori saying goodbye to Madalyn who is leaving on a mission next month.
These 3 came with me to drop Lori off at the airport. We had a great visit with her. Too bad I was sick for 3 days but Lori dyed eggs, made the Easter dinner and played with the kids.
Lori's request was to sleep in the sunroom so we got this bed set up for her. It looked cozy so I thought I'd sleep in it when she left. We've had hot weather since then so it was probably our last night of having a fire.
Wednesday: Makenna and Madalyn taking pictures of spring around the homestead.

Talea loves picking and eating the lettuce. Last summer she told her primary teacher lettuce was her favorite food. Then after that she went around saying, "I don't wike wettuce." Now it looks like she likes it again.
Little cherries growing!

Walking to get the mail with me, Tilly wanted to play on Blueberry Hill a bit.

Already all green just from the last time we were up here.
Talea went around cutting the tall pieces of grass.

Thursday: Working on Blueberry Hill. Decided to start with the first row instead of working on the last rows that we did the other times. All those trees growing out of them gotta go.

Kaitlyn dragging a tree I cut down.
Our pile of trees I cut out of the bushes after only 1 hour. Time to go in for lunch.
Friday: Studying ferns in science.

It's fun watching them open but I kinda dread when the whole forest is full of them all summer. It's been nice to have the woods open and airy and stuff died down all winter. Easier to hike and play in.
Madalyn helping Alexis get ready for a stake prom.
She wore Madalyn's former concerto dress and it looked great on her.

Alexis and a group of friends.



Saturday: We had a relaxing Saturday afternoon. Thomas made taco meat for taco salad.
The 5 little kids jumped on the trampoline with the hose after playing dolls, cars, and hiking in the woods a good part of the day.
The yard freshly mowed. Something so satisfying about that.
We trimmed these spotted laurels way back and I redid the border around them. Next I'll plant flowers. I forgot to take a before picture, but they were huge bushes. This is an in-between picture. :)
Alexis and Madalyn hung out on the porch for hours.
Yummy taco salad dinner outside.

No comments: