Week by week

Week by week

Sunday, May 15, 2022

Week ending 5-15-22 Mama, Kylie, and Spencer fly in, yard work, Little Women

 

Last Sunday: Hanging out.
Eating a 7 layer dip
And a fondue.
Mother's Day selfie. So grateful for my kids!
Monday: Weeding the garden. Kait chose the peanuts and potatoes bed. Thomas and Tilly chose the celery, peas and okra bed.
Alexis is over the herb bed.
Sam and Andy weeded the strawberry bed.
The view looking southeast.
Madalyn weeded the lettuce, spinach, arugula, and garlic bed.


I love to see Makenna get out our nice camera and take pictures of flowers and creatures.
The little boys spent the day in the dirt.
I dropped the 4 oldest at rehearsal and took the 4 youngest to Charlotte to get my mom from the airport. We had time to kill so we went to Sam's Club where they had a great time and also Whole Foods. 
Eating chicken strips and crackers we bought at Whole Foods and warmed in their microwave.
Talea dancing in the store.

Wednesday: Picnic in the park at the bookmobile.
We went back to Charlotte and picked up Spencer and Kylie Wednesday afternoon. Then we stopped by the theater where Maddie and Lexi came out in costume to say hi.
I love how excited they are to see each other. I'm so glad my kids are all close.


Talea had stayed home with my mom and walked to the end of the driveway to meet us. She climbed in the front seat and jumped on Spencer saying, "Spencie, Spencie!"
If this were a video it would be better because I loved hearing all the happy sounds of everyone talking to each other and reuniting. All 10 kids home together for 3 weeks!
Thursday: Before picture of a row of blueberries we all went to work on.
The after picture I took a few days later. The blackberries and trees are gone out of this road.
I was trying to take a picture of the oldest 3 with their similar blue shirts and jeans and messy pony tails all sweaty from hours of work on Blueberry Hill. But then Kait and Kenna jumped in. :)


Friday: I was sitting in my room with the window open and could hear this squirrel eating some nuts. It was so loud and fun to watch.
Spencer was mowing and I was trimming the northeast part of our yard when I saw Makenna just hanging out perched on top of this partially cut down tree.
Kylie was having fun playing on the slack line.
These 4 were playing dragons in their nest.
They all joined Kylie on the slack line.

Spencer mowing with Andy on his lap.
And now both boys. Needless to say it took him a lot longer than I promised it would. :) It's his first time mowing here.
Dinnertime! No seats left for me but I enjoy watching everyone happily eating and talking. We had stuffed shells, homegrown asparagus, fruit salad, and Lexi's delicious sourdough bread. This table is supposed to seat 6 but we've never gotten around to getting a bigger one. A friend gave it to us years ago and we've loved it. When I get a bigger dining room I'll get a bigger table. :)
Talea laid in Kylie's lap for a long time it was so sweet.
How many people does it take to install a new ceiling fan? I've installed many in my life and hate doing it but every time we move to a new house I buy one and install it anyway.
All done! I want to redo the ceiling soon when I figure out what I want but for this summer the fan will be great. I really like it.

Little Women play. It was fantastic! It's my favorite play I've seen so far. My 4 kids were actors in Jo's stories. So when she's reading her stories to the publishers they come alive and my kids act it out.
Singing a song.
After the play. 

Today: Samuel and Anderson reading scriptures on the swing.
On a walk to the mailbox Andy and I loved how the road looks like it ends in the clouds.

No comments: