Week by week

Week by week

Sunday, May 8, 2022

Week ending 5-8-22 Office shed makeover, little girls' room makeover

This was a week full of projects! I planned to do a room update in the 3 little girls' room, the 2 little boys' room, the office add on shed, plus mow and trim the whole driveway, mow the whole yard, and plant more in the garden. We got a lot done but not everything as we kept running into little troubles like the sander breaking, tape measure breaking, losing things, not bringing everything to the job site, kids not helping, etc. But at least we made progress!

Last Sunday: Andy was quizzing Samuel on the Articles of Faith while we waited. I was the last to sit down because I was in the hall talking and it made me so happy to see them doing that.

A beautiful afternoon so we hung out on the porch a lot.
Monday: Moving all the stuff to the middle so we could paint the add-on building. The previous owners used it as an office and so far we've put extra tubs of toys or the girls' boxes they use for their NICU babies. After we paint it we're going to use it for all the girls' dolls, beds, strollers, kitchen set, etc at least for awhile. Then we'll proably swap it for the boys' toys of trains, cars and Legos. I love switching things up.
Thomas was an awesome helper all week, coming whenever I called him. Here he was removing all the nails and screws too high up for me to reach.
Tuesday: Checking on the garden, Talea wanted a picture of her with her potatoes growing.
Samuel plants cucumber seeds.
The missionaries giving us an object lesson.

I hate that this picture turned out blurry but I loved seeing Madalyn and Talea drawing treasure maps with each other.
Wednesday: While I got started on scraping a popcorn ceiling I told all the kids to sit and do some quiet reading time. When I came down an hour or more later they were all still reading.

A nice, quiet, happy room.
The sander broke on me so I didn't get to finish until I ordered another one, but here is a before picture as we started the 3 little girls' room update. We sanded the popcorn ceiling, painted the walls, filled 2 big holes, and would get new bedding, rugs, curtains, and decorations.
The big hole over there is where there used to be a wood stove that would join the chimney from downstairs. The other hole is underneath the white wood cover up on the far right.
I pulled off the white piece of wood to see what was under it and there was a big hole from where they maybe lowered the window?

Starting to paint. Makenna picked a pretty light lavender.
I'm guessing Kaitlyn took these pictures. Hard to see, but the light purple turned out the perfect color. We're excited to make the room nicer.


Thursday: Running out to the barn to get sheetrock to fill the holes I saw the boys playing "lazy."


I love the rhododendrons everywhere!
The add-on building/shed is all painted and ready for organizing.

Madalyn and I went on a temple trip together and it was great! I got 2.5 hours with her by herself in the car and 2 hours in the temple and then 2.5 hours home. Plus some time running into a grocery store for food. We left the house at 3:15 and got home at 11:30pm. On the drive home we wished we could drive all night we were having so much fun together. I'm going to miss her when she leaves on her mission in a few weeks.
Madalyn, soon to be a magnificent missionary!
Friday: All of Kait's and Kenna's stuff was moved into Thomas's room (you have to walk through Tom's room to get to theirs) so Kaitlyn was organizing it and vacuuming her mattress we threw in there too.
Thomas cutting a piece of wood paneling to patch a hole in the living room. While we're patching the girls's room two holes, we might as well patch this one too. It's been here since we moved in.


Thomas did a great job cutting a piece of wood paneling to match. Still need to do another coat of paint but it looks good. Not sure why the hole was there in the first place.
Makenna using the compass to draw a circle on paper for Thomas to use to cut a piece of sheetrock for the big round hole in her room.
Alexis doing something with her sourdough starter. I love going around watching everyone be productive.
Saturday: At a friend's 90th birthday party I loved seeing Andy pile his plate full of veggies.



Late into the night we organized all of Kait's fabric, folding and stacking it so it was easy to see and grab when she opened the drawer. She had a dresser stuffed so full you couldn't open any of the drawers.
The room all painted, both holes patched. Still need the bedding, curtains, and decorations. But it's coming along!

No comments: