Week by week

Week by week

Thursday, November 25, 2010

At My Thanksgiving Feast...

Last week for writing I had the children write about their Thanksgiving dinner using alliteration. Here is Kylie's:
At my Thanksgiving feast there will be:
Pumkin colored pickle pumpkin pie.
Crimson colored crumby cranberry sauce.
Those pounded potato pancakes look palatable.
Appatizing apple pie.
Stickey sorrel smacking stuffing.
Tarvashing tasty tan tar colored turkey.

Here is Madalyn's (I was quite impressed):
At my Thanksgiving feast I'm going to have:
A colossal can of crimson colored cranberry sauce,
Pale-painted peppery potatoes,
Savory succulent spicy straw-colored stuffing,
Crumbly carrot-colored cornbread,
Tasty towering tan turkey, and
Green gigantic good-tasting green bean casserole.

Here is what we're really having:
Alexis made peanut clusters (for those of us who don't like pie) and the fruit salad.

Spencer made the stuffing and a pumpkin cheesecake.

Madalyn made peanut butter fudge, green bean casserole, and sweet potato casserole.

Kylie made the rolls and a blueberry pie.
For Thanksgiving the kids all choose what they want to make and take turns cooking in the kitchen with me. Not pictured is Thomas making the mashed potatoes (he's still making them.)
While we're waiting for Nathan to come home from work we went for a walk. He's on call today, but he hasn't had very many admissions, which is a blessing. The kids and I were going to go to Florida but since Nathan's working and we only have one car, we couldn't go. So it's been a little boring and lonely, but we talked to my family on Skype and went for a walk to cheer us up a little. Now Nathan's about to come home so we can finally eat dinner. (The turkey's been done for 3 1/2hours.) Happy Thanksgiving!

Oops. It just deleted my favorite picture of this post and if I put it back on it'll be at the top. This is just how my day is going.

No comments: