Week by week

Week by week

Thursday, November 18, 2010

The Best Days


Here are Madalyn and Kylie's books on their great day. Each sentence is a new page with darling pictures.


First, I slept well and got up early. I felt great.


Then we got to open up Lucky Charms and Oatmeal Squares for breakfast!


Right after my favorite excersise: dancing to "Fall That's All," I got right to school and got an A+ on my spelling test!


I quickly did my math, history, and Art, then got a potato with butter, salt, and pepper.


After Lunch I only had read-aloud left, so I quickly did it, then I got snack, and my candy for doing everything.


I didn't have any homework left, so I played outside, then, came inside and played houses, then watched my favorite TV show: fetch.


Then, We ate macaroni and cheese for dinner, and I helped tuck Alexis, and Thomas, in.


Then Kylie, and I, went to bed at 8:15, and we got to read in bed for almost an hour! It was a Marvelous, Wonderful Very good day! The End


Here is Kylie's: (I tried to put her cover here, but it ended up at the top of this post. Sometimes blogger is a pain. I can't cut and paste pictures like I'm used to and it seems to do what it wants to do.)
My Perfectly Wonderful, Marvolus Good Day By Kylie Holladay
For starters on my very good day, I woke up early at 6:53!
I got to read a whole Magic Tree House book before breakfast.
I got to wear my favorite white skirt with Blue-Bell flowers and my blue blouse and favorite sliver locket.
I got an A+ on spelling, A on Math, and 100% on French! I was sure it was going to be a perfect day.
We got done at 12:45!
Kaitlyn took a nice, long nap.
We played wedding...
And war...
And with Jordan...
And dress-up.
[pictures of each of these]
Later we took showers and got haircuts.
[there are cute before and after drawings of each of the 3 girls getting haircuts]
We had waffles for dinner! Yum, Yum!
Then, that night, Mommy took me to Target, Kroger, and Kohles.
[I'm wearing a pretty dress in this picture with her]

I got to get Gum and doughnuts!

THE END

I really enjoyed reading these books and learned a lot from them. Like we really need an English lesson on comma splicing. Also, Madalyn has never once asked for a potato for lunch. I didn't even know she liked baked potatoes; she dutifully eats whatever we have for dinner, but I didn't know that was something she'd like for lunch too. I also didn't know she liked the TV show Fetch. We haven't watched TV in so long that I don't even know what that show is. And I didn't know she liked tucking the little kids in bed. Madalyn is very quiet so it was like opening a window to read about what makes her good or bad days. If you have children I'd suggest you have them make a book about their worst or best day ever would be like. It's very enlightening.

2 comments:

Sara Lyn said...

I thought that was interesting, too, what you could learn about what they like and dislike. What a marvelous idea!

Kara said...

Madalyn IS very quiet. I usually feel like I can get a good "read" on people--especially kids, but not her! It's fun to see their personalities in how they write, too!

GOOD JOB!