Week by week

Week by week

Thursday, November 11, 2010

Terrible, Horrible Days

Someone has suggested I post more often, but I think our life is pretty boring. Nothing is really happening. Especially since we still have one car and Nathan takes it to work everyday, so we don't even have any field trips to post about. Our life pretty much consists of school till 2-3:00, play outside (this week it's been at Jordan's house, yeah!), dinner, scripture reading and prayer, bedtime. So I was thinking of what to post about and tried to find something in our school work that might be of interest. Wednesday is our writing class and last week we wrote stories that resemble "Alexander and the Terrible, Horrible, No Good, Very Bad Day" book. I thought they turned out really funny and cute. All of the spelling and puncuation is how they wrote it. Here is Madalyn's:

Madalyn's Terrible Horrible Very bad day

First I slept in and missed breakfast.



[ I loved this picture of her sleeping upstairs while we were eating downstairs. I wasn't going to scan the pictures, but I just wanted to try it since I've never used our new printer/scanner before. It was easier than I thought, but I won't take the time to do them all. (Besides, now they would be in the wrong order since you have to go last to first on here.)]

For exercise, we had to go on a bike ride. My shoelaces had knots, and my bike tire needed pumping. then, I got home last. I hate bike rides.

[cute picture of her frowning next to a bike with a flat tire]

When I finally had come home and took off my shoes, I had missed running with daddy. I could tell it was going to be a bad day.

For school I got 10 of my math problems wrong and I had hard, long spelling words. And for music, I only got one chime, and everybody else got two.

After school I had lots of homework, and I missed playing and eating candy with everybody else. Then for dinner, we had phaheatas, and I don't like them.

After dinner I had to go to bed early with Alexis, and she chose a book that I don't like. After Mommy read it we didn't have time to read a book that I wanted. I think I'll move to China.

The End

Here is Kylie's:

My Sad, Bad, Day by, Kylie Holladay

I woke up at 7:50! I hate sleeping in.

I didn't have time for Reese's Puffs, only Raison Bran.

I couldn't find my helmet, and I had to skate. And my skates squeeze my toes.

Everyone was already down the road. I was skating too fast to catch up and crashed to the road. Everyone complained that we had to go home.

Mommy was too busy to hug me and put band-aid's on my knee's, so I had to do it myself. What more could go wrong?

It took me an hour to do 8 math problems and 6 of them were wrong.

I had to have left-over enchiladas for lunch. Yuck!

I had to write a long essay for writing. Lots of the spelling and things were wrong, and I had to do the whole thing over again. School was out at 4:23 and I missed snack.

My best dolls head broke off! What a bad day.

Then I had to play Monopoly with Spencer. When I got Boardwalk he threw a fit and hit me.

I got process cheese on my BLT for dinner.

I guess I'll go live in Russia.

THE END

Here is Alexis':

Bad day Book

I wet the bed Kylie wouldn't help me change my sheets.

At breakfast the Lucky Charms were all gone.

When school started I couldn't find my math book.

After school I wanted to hold Kaitlyn but I couldn't.

They turned out really cute in book format with pictures and turning pages and all. This week we wrote about our wonderful day. I'll post those next. Oh, and I didn't post Spencer's because he wrote all about breaking his arm (which has never happened) and never finished his. It wasn't exactly what I had in mind.

2 comments:

Sara Lyn said...

:) These stories are hilarious! I remember writing books at school, but none of mine were as cool as these. :) Thanks for posting them!!!

Sarah said...

I AGREE with Sara Lyn! These made me laugh out loud:)
Love to your beautiful family!
Sarah6