Week by week

Week by week

Wednesday, June 5, 2019

Week ending 6-2-19

Last Sunday: I came downstairs and found Alexis sweetly helping Samuel write his primary talk. 
I have the best teenagers!! 
Thomas reading to Andy and Tilly. 
Monday: For Memorial Day we went to the cemetary in Tooele where some of Nathan's relatives are buried. I got to meet his grandpa's brothers for the first time and lots of cousins. It was chilly-in the 50's-but I preferred that to baking in the 90's and no shade trees. 
Afterward we went to his grandpa's brother's house for a big barbecue and play time. It warmed up to the 60's when the sun came out and we all had a great time. Here my girls sit with their cousin and Nathan's cousin. 
Playing in the sandbox with a cousin. 
Cousin Millie with Grandpa Vorwaller's 3 brothers. 

It's hard to see but there were these two really long swings Uncle Wes made from old telephone poles. Alexis and Madalyn swung as high as they could to hit the tree branches with their feet. 
Talea on a little swing. 

After dinner we went to Brother Tarbet's house and planted some vegetables in his garden. I sure wish we had a garden plot in our rental house but we don't so this is the next best thing. 

Tuesday: Kaitlyn took pictures of Talea and Ruth doing their stand off when Ruth first gets here. They look each other up and down and then hug. 
Jumping on the couches.  
Rain! We actually got rain every day this week and loved it. 
It reminds us of NC which we really miss. 


Wednesday: All of the other kids wanted to go to Tom's orchestra concert so Madalyn took them while I stayed home and put Andy to bed. First we played Sequence for Kids and had a lot of fun. 
Thursday: Trying to get a selfie of Tilly being so snuggly. She would lay on me all day if I let her. 


Samuel wanting a picture of him with the horse. We've been walking to see them a lot now that we're out of school. 

Eating taco salad dinner outside. So much fun! 
Talea insisting she edge. 
Friday: Sitting on the potty. She's doing pretty well potty-training. I've potty-trained them all 6 weeks before they turn 2 if they're not already trained by then. Tilly isn't as good as my fastest, but not as bad as my slowest either. :) She's pretty easy-going about it, but we're just too busy to want to sit with her so she has a lot of accidents still. I think this coming week it'll go better but at least she's wearing underwear full time except at night.
Waiting for a "School Entertainment Performance" to start. The kids Alexis down to Anderson handed out invitations to this production and invited the neighbors. 
Samuel doing a flip of some sorts. 
Makenna's front handspring. 
Alexis' dance to the Piano Guys' fight song. 
Andy and Sam singing "Million Dreams" 
Afterward I went for a quick hike as it was the last day of the month. It was beautiful.  


 
 
Saturday: Walking to see the horsies again. 

Sunday: After seminary graduation we had a little high school graduation party for Madalyn who is a homeschool graduate and going off to BYU-Idaho in September. 
Nathan presenting Madalyn with a diploma. 

Opening her gifts. I made her a recipe book of our favorite Hofmann tradional recipes. 

I also got her a popcorn popper and little crock pot as her favorite foods are popcorn and Mexican soups. 


We have the best family and I'm so glad everyone could come to her party even though I planned it only a few days before. 

No comments: