Week by week

Week by week

Sunday, September 13, 2020

Week ending 8-13-20

Last Sunday: Making birthday cards for Kylie. I told the kids we'd break our fast after we write to her and then they took over 2 hours happily writing their oldest sister. As hungry as I was, I didn't want the moment to end. I love it when we all hang out together. 
This one was Makenna's. You pull the tab for the missionary on the right to go to her birthday cake. My kids love making moveable cards.
I brought the kitchen set upstairs and played with Talea for a couple of hours then turned it over to Spencer. It was sweet listening to him eat pretend food and interacting with her even though he was on his phone a little bit. :) 
I took the picture just after Spencer stood up from his little picnic, but oh well. I'm glad I have older kids who will play with their little siblings. 
Tuesday: A cold front came through and it was really windy on Monday and then cold on Tuesday. The little kids wanted to do school with their hats and gloves on. 
Wednesday: We went to the park and the bees wouldn't leave Samuel alone. There is one on his sandwich and one on his lip. It stayed on his lip for a long time. 

I took these two on a walk around the park and loved having some time to listen to them chatter and just enjoying the moment. 


Thursday: We went to another park to enjoy the cooler weather and have an outing with the little boys before taking Madalyn up to Rexburg.
We took turns going into the library and walking on the bridge. 
Reading the piles of books we just got. 
Friday: Driving to Rexburg! I got the back seat to myself and got a lot done while Alexis read to Madalyn as she drove and the 3 little girls played together or napped. We left the 4 boys at home having  boy party.  
Tilly was a great traveler. Kaitlyn and Makenna sat on either side of her in the middle row. I sat in the back with the seats folded down beside me to make room for Madalyn's stuff. It was a great girls' trip! Only wish we'd taken an extra day instead of making it so fast.  


Saturday: We stayed the night with a longtime family friend from where I grew up. 
We loved playing with all her toys and like last year, we didn't want to leave. 
Makenna took this selfie. 
Not wanting to say goodbye. Lisa and Bonnie are sisters who used to babysit me and I babysat Lisa's kids when I was a teenager. Now her baby is getting married. Time flies! 


Makenna moving her buddy in. 
First pic of Madalyn's new room. Kait and Kenna stayed and helped her unpack while Lexi, Tilly and I went grocery shopping for her. 
When we got back they'd gotten a lot done! 

Talea didn't want to be in the group pictures so I took a picture of her standing in the corner. 

Madalyn and her new roommates divvying up cupboards.  
Unpacking the bathroom stuff. 
Big vanity area with two bathrooms with toliets and tubs. Not as big as her last apartment, but decent. 
Washer dryer in her apartment! I never had that. Even in my first house the dryer was out in the detached garage. I never cared too much, but I'm glad laundry will be easy for her. 
At the end of the hallway there are two more bedrooms. 

The kitchen. Not a lot of cupboards or counter space for 6 girls. She was spoiled last year with a big kitchen and pantry; one that was actually designed for college girls. 
The living room. 

Tilly wanting to see her blue tongue. 


The Ricks Garden. It was so beautiful, I could have stayed there all day. 


Saying good-bye. I hate this part. I'm so excited for my kids to pursue further education and have fun with their peers and get to live on their own. But then I'm so sad for them to leave home. I'll miss Madalyn so much. I love having popcorn with her in the evenings as we write in our journals. I love that she'll do anything I ask whether it's reading to the little ones or driving the big ones places. I hope she has a wonderful semester though! Can't believe she's already a sophomore and 18 years old. I wish time would slow down. 

Today: Eating lunch outside. 

No comments: