Week by week

Week by week

Sunday, October 10, 2021

Week ending 10-10-21 Painting Thomas's room, squirrels, Mabry Mill field trip

Forecast for the week: rainy, foggy, and drizzly. A good week to work on indoor projects.
Monday: Sweet note from a sweet boy.
After school I painted the trim across the ceiling and all 3 doors and the window.

Outside these 4 are making sets for their own Wizard of Oz play they're doing with dolls. 
Kaitlyn wrote the script and designed all the sets and is the leader of it.
A finished set piece: the yellow brick road to Oz.
Tuesday: We stopped our history lesson and grabbed binoculars to watch the squirrels. There have been a lot of them scurrying around, getting our pecans, taking off the outer shell and spitting it out, then taking their nut and burying it. It was fascinating to watch.


We have an adapter to hook up a phone to the binoculars so we were able to try it out for the first time and take pictures of the squirrels. They were so fun to watch. I've always loved squirrels as I grew up with lots at our house but haven't lived in the country with them in 24 years so I've really missed them.


Staring at me while covering his hole.

Kaitlyn setting up a phone into the binoculars.
Wednesday: I finished the painting on Tuesday and today I'm moving the furniture back in. It turned out so good! Much better than the dreary brown wood paneling. Now it's a pretty painted beadboard and his room is much brighter. Now I just need to get him some bedding, wall hangings, a rug, and window treatments. I'm terrible at interior design and shopping so it's a learning experience for me.
(Before)
Kaitlyn loves blowing leaves off the shed and keeps asking if it needs it yet.
Thursday: Anderson and the 5 older kids went to audition for "The Best Christmas Pageant Ever." It was so cute how he was saying goodbye to Talea and hugging. Alexis took the kids to the audition and I stayed home with Talea and did yard work. They all 6 got parts and are excited to start a new play when they're done with Wizard of Oz. 
Friday: We went to Mabry Mill on the Parkway with some old friends from the East.
The Walkers! Our good homeschooling friends from Goldsboro.



Ava and Alexis.
Talea wanting her picture in a few places.


Talea and her betrothed, John. First time they've met as we haven't seen each other in 6 years since we left NC, but when they were born we thought they should marry each other. :)
Makenna, Lydia Walker, Kaitlyn


Samuel was already back at the car.
I should have brought a good camera, but it was really pretty.

Driving the Blue Ridge Parkway home. Still can't believe I live off of it! A dream come true!

Saturday: Weeding the garden and cutting wood in the south pasture. I love looking up and seeing our beautiful homeplace.


The view of the bald from the south pasture where I was cutting wood. It is breathtaking in real life.

I spent the week deliberating in which bedding and and colors to do for the bedrooms and finally decided and ordered stuff on Saturday. To celebrate me finishing the online shopping (which I hate doing), I rewarded myself with weed pulling and cutting wood until it got dark. Three big piles by the south pasture. :) It was a lot of fun.

No comments: