Week by week

Week by week

Sunday, October 17, 2021

Week ending 10-17-21 Thomas's closet, fall outside fun, primary program

 Every day this week had the same schedule: school until about 2:00, work on Thomas's closet or house project until 4:30, thirty minutes of outside work, dinner at 5, leave at 5:40 for play practice which was from 6-9. It's the last week before the performance so rehearsals were all 5 days for Thomas and Kaitlyn and 3 days for Makenna, a munchkin.

Tuesday: For science the kids ate a powdered donut without using their hands and then took a bite out of a chocolate donut to see what it feels like to be a bee with pollen on its face and then pollinating another flower.



Thomas and Alexis got rugs for their bedroom. They were so funny opening them together just like when they were little kids.

I had fixed Thomas's ceiling on Monday and bought trim at Lowes while the kids were at rehearsal so Tuesday I was ready to cut the wood trim. Samuel and Anderson hung out with me and grabbed the scraps to make cute 4" cell phones. It was a fun afternoon cutting and nailing up the trim, filling nail holes, and caulking the gaps as it's not a square closet at all.


I worked till 5:00 and Spencer used to be dinner on Tuesday nights so I thought, "What would Spencer make last minute if he were here?" Nachos!! So I made a couple of deluxe nacho plates with chips, cheese, beans, lettuce, tomatoes, avocado, and sour cream. I love watching my kids eat and chat together.

Wednesday: After school play time. While I worked, they played. :) But I'm glad to see them hang out together.
I primed the closet in the morning before school and then painted it in the afternoon.


Thursday: I love the little squirrels coming up to our porch.
Thirty minute work time before dinner. They picked up thousands of walnuts. Several huge garbage cans full. How we will ever move them, I don't know. I've been too consumed with Thomas's room renovation decisions to figure out that problem.
Alexis went to an ecclesiastical endorsement interview and Thomas and Kaitlyn went to rehearsal. I was going to let these 4 watch a show while I did a second coat of paint but they just wanted to draw. 
My interior designer friend suggested a navy rug here but I don't think I like it. What color and texture do you think will look best? I'm thinking beige and kinda flat to play games and puzzles on. Or I could go with soft and fluffy for reading on.
I also need closet ideas for Thomas. My mom is coming on Wednesday and I'd like to have a rod up and some shelves for her to put her clothes on. Right now someone gave us this for Tom's clothes.
I worked so hard all week and was thrilled when some homeschooling friends invited us over for dinner. We played with kiwi crate stuff, volleyball, archery and climbed trees.




Saturday: We tackled the old rotting wood pile on blueberry hill. First I wanted to haul it all to our wood pile but when I saw how rotten it was I wanted the light the whole thing on fire. I was afraid it would take all day to burn so we ended up loading it up and dumping it in the woods to rot. It only took an hour. Thomas took 2 loads of the good stuff on the lawnmower trailer to our wood pile and we dumped the rest. Forgot to take before pictures. Now our driveway looks much better! It was an eyesore.
Makenna was a great helper. She and Alexis stayed till the very end.


Removing the log pieces. Briars and brambles were growing up all over the wood pile someone had cut and left there. The cattle couldn't graze there so we removed it and it looks way better. Hopefully the cattle will now graze there and keep it from growing brambles.
We opened our new recriprocating/jigsaw. It can be both and I was so excited about it. I've been wanting to get one for months to fix the little boys' closet but just hadn't gotten to it. Finally found this cheap one that takes our edger battery so it was perfect.
While the little boys and I oohed and awwed over our new saw, Thomas went through his clothes and threw the holey ones away and cut one pair into jean shorts. I love productive Saturdays. Everyone was busy getting things done.
During lunch all these leaves began pouring down. We ran out and tried catching them in our arm hoops.
Tilly wanted a picture of her holding a leaf. A cold front came through with a lot of wind to rip the leaves from the trees. It was so hot working on the hill in the morning and suddenly it was 60 degrees! Felt like a perfect fall Saturday.
After lunch we took a break and had a reading party outside with homemade granola bars and chocolate. I wouldn't pick Samuel's cozy spot, but it looked fun.

Kait and Kenna read on the swings. Talea and I sat on the porch rocking chairs. Alexis sat on the steps.
Then I put a piece from the obstacle course on the rope from the swing and had fun holding onto it and going way out over the ground.
Kait is on one and I'm on the other and we were spinning around and around like a carousel until our ropes were wound up.
Now Kenna and Kait take a turn.
In the afternoon I used the new saw to cut the metal bar as it was stuck way up high. I was able to move it down and put a shelf in so they could reach their clothes. The rest of their room will get a facelift down the road.

Today: These 5 were in the primary program. I'm so sad I only have 5 kids in primary. And next year will only have 4. Such a sad thought. My kids are growing up too fast. Seems like last year the older 5 were in the presentation together. These 5 sang "I Love To See The Temple." Talea sang the first verse solo and everyone loved it. She was adorable.
She asked me to go on a walk with her and her baby so we did and picked flowers. She melts my heart.

No comments: