Week by week

Week by week

Sunday, February 6, 2022

Week ending 2-6-22 Groundhog Day, opening ceremonies, Madalyn's 20th

 

Monday: Coming out of the woods to change saw batteries I loved seeing Talea push big sister Madalyn.
And then they cooked and ate imaginary food with Kaitlyn and Makenna. I love seeing everyone outside playing. Thomas and the boys always play soccer by the sunroom and usually the girls and I join them.
Alexis Made breadbowls and broccoli cheese soup so we had a delicious hot dinner to come in to.



Cream cheese brownies for dessert.
Every night Thomas practices the dances for Seussical for at least an hour. He's gotten a lot of recognition for it at rehearsals and is now knows the dances better than anyone else. I'm glad he homeschools so he has extra time to practice. And I'm glad he loves it this much.


Tuesday: Kids on the bus going to school for school lunches.
Kaitlyn has a little buffet set up for kids to pick up their food.
Love this little note from Andy! I make granola bars weekly and eat one after lunch and dinner so it was pretty random for him to pick one out for me and leave me a note, as if I weren't home or couldn't get my own. It was so sweet.
Love cutting wood every afternoon and listening to podcasts.
One of my many piles. We haven't hauled and stacked it in a couple weeks as I'm trying to use up more of the wood in our wood shed first, so I've got quite a few big piles now.
Makenna building a cool fort.

Wednesday: Thomas reading while we eat our groundhog breakfast.



Thursday: During school I couldn't find the little 2 and then found them reading with Maddie in her room. We'll miss her when she goes on a mission.
Friday: 6:30am Olympic Opening Ceremonies!

It was Madalyn's 20th birthday and she wanted tortilla egg casserole, fruit salad, smoothie, and donuts for breakfast while we watched the opening ceremonies. It was super fun!




A friend gave me some money for each of the kids so I bought the boys some high quality hiking shoes off ebay for cheap. I'm so excited. I love hiking and they really needed new play shoes as their others had holes and no traction for our steep ravines.

Showing me that they have the same tread (we bought different styles from different sellers.)
Checking out the creeks after 2 days of rain. This one hasn't had anything in it all winter so it was a surprise it was flowing so fast and overflowing it's banks.
Love hiking and playing in the woods with my kids. It's always a highlight of the week.
Today Anderson, Samuel, and Makenna came with me.

Madalyn's beautiful birthday cake Alexis made.

Can't believe she's 20. She's become a beautiful, selfless, sweet young lady. She's a great listener, never complains, does whatever she's asked, and loves to have reading, movie, and Olympic parties. So we're going to have a great 2 weeks! Hopefully she receives her mission call this week or next.


Beautiful sunset.
Saturday: Sister hugs!
Thomas wrote a song on the computer and is trying it out.
Sunday: Talea wanted a picture of the back of her hair to see it.
Kaitlyn has become a lifesaver in doing the girls' hair on Sunday mornings. It's freed me up a lot. :)
And she's really good at it.

No comments: