Week by week

Week by week

Monday, September 26, 2022

Week ending 9-25-22 Last day of summer party, fall party, Mayberry Days

This was a great week! Beautiful weather, lots of school got done, lots of playing outside, not a squabble all week, first day of fall party.
Monday: Talea playing a Harry Potter game the kids made up.

Trying to propagate blueberries again. I tried in the spring and it didn't work, so I thought I'd try in the fall.

Thursday: Drawing fall pictures for Alexis to hang up in her apartment. This is our tradition for each of the kids when they're freshmen. Gotta decorate those college rooms! Then we went outside and did a lot of yard work for 1.5 hours--everyone mowing and trimming different sections of the yard and driveway, pulling weeds, and readying our yard for fall.
Last day of summer party! A cold front was coming through at noon so it was perfect to have hamburgers for lunch and then a fall party at night. This is Andy's pizza oven he's working on and it worked great for grilling after getting all that yard work done.

We cooked some delicious local grass-fed patties and some maple breakfast sausage that nobody really liked.
Kaitlyn was great at flipping them.

The food turned out perfect and we had a great time!
At 11:45 am, just as we were finishing lunch, the clouds came in and there was a gust of wind and all these leaves fell down. Perfect timing! Summer is over; let autumn begin!


My perfect marshmallow.
I don't really like s'mores but if I have one I prefer it with dark chocolate and a whole wheat pretzel.
We spent the afternoon reading and playing inside, watched a short movie, then played outside until it got dark. Kaitlyn wanted a picture of her and Tilly swinging. 

Playing outside, running around in the wind, and eating candy corn while listening to our "Fall That's All" music. Everyone said it was the best day ever.
Friday: I went hiking at Pilot Mountain by myself. I hiked 12 miles in 4.5 hours and went as fast as I could the entire time. It felt great! I never stopped for a break, just a pause to take 2 pictures and slowed down to get out a snack or change a podcast. I was trying to get home around 12 but I got lost and didn't get home till 3. Bad b/c I had a lot to do, but good b/c I've always wanted to hike as fast as I could for as long as I could and I was actually sore the next day which I loved.
These leaves looked painted purple and red but they were real.
After grabbing some food from the garden for dinner I was running toward the house and just loved seeing our beautiful lawn. So thick and soft. It makes me happy.
Fall That's All party! Lori came up for the weekend and we had some snacks while putting out decorations and listening to our fall music.
Saturday: All the kids were in the Mayberry Days parade, promoting the play, and Lori and I had fun watching the parade together.
The Playhouse were the first in the parade!

Kaitlyn and Talea walking at the end. Lori and I ran after them and watched the rest of the parade with them in front of the Playhouse.
Lots of Andy Griffith characters.
Andy, Sam, Lori, and Tilly watching the parade.
Acting out a scene.


Kait and Kenna grabbing a snack while helping with the kids's games by the Playhouse.
Kylie's view on the way back to town that night to see a concert.
Lori, Kait, Kenna, and I got free tickets to see Katie Deal, who sang a program called, "Wildflowers" about the women of country music. It was fantastic! We loved it.

The girls with Katie Deal.

No comments: